Mozilla FIREFOX 3 released

Well today finally sees the release of Mozilla Firefox 3 web browser.

Get it while it’s hot! (some 24h download record they are going for)

Firefox is pants.

Rob K:
Firefox is pants.

Fair comment Rob, but would you like to say why and what do you use instead and why?

Konqueror? Safari? Opera?

He probably uses IE7 or 6… :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

Firefox 3 is a great browser! Far superiour to IE 7 mainly for these reasons:

Remembers your tabed pages after you close the browser.
Works with all streaming video (even bbc iplayer & itv) in fact most streaming tv show sites now only support Firefox.
Uses less memory/processor power, so more windows can be open at once.
Zoom text and pictures on a page, great if your eyes are not that good, or can’t be bothered putting your reading glasses on :smiley:
One click bookmarking your favourites.
Allows access to more than one search engine site on the toolbar!

I have tried other browsers as I am a part-time web designer, and in my opinion Firefox is the better of them all, why use a program that is built into an operating system (like IE7) or use an independant one that you can use everywhere on every operating system.

i have it on both lappy and desktop , no issues at all, works well with vista and i like the add ons etc. :smiley:

databear:
Firefox 3 is a great browser! Far superiour to IE 7 mainly for these reasons:

Remembers your tabed pages after you close the browser.
Works with all streaming video (even bbc iplayer & itv) in fact most streaming tv show sites now only support Firefox.
Uses less memory/processor power, so more windows can be open at once.
Zoom text and pictures on a page, great if your eyes are not that good, or can’t be bothered putting your reading glasses on :smiley:
One click bookmarking your favourites.
Allows access to more than one search engine site on the toolbar!

I have tried other browsers as I am a part-time web designer, and in my opinion Firefox is the better of them all, why use a program that is built into an operating system (like IE7) or use an independant one that you can use everywhere on every operating system.

It also gives you the option for it to remember login passwords.

Edit I have just checked and I’m still using version 2