Moving vehicle without tacho in

how serious is it an offence to move a vehicle 50 yards at the operators unit onto a public road without an anologue tacho inside ?
how can you give companies analogue charts to operators after 28 days in a way that you can prove they have received them ?

working for an agency im starting to come across some suspect operators and want to stay legal

i asked one manager who i give vehicle check records to and he replied ‘we dont want them’ :imp:

general tips on agency work appreciated

Hand all the charts in to the agency. They sort it.

m_attt:

Not always a good idea because if for any reason the agency does not give to operator then the driver not the agency is at fault

It is the job of the driver to give info to operator - make a note in a diary when this was done and to whom they were presented to so your arse is covered - do same if they were refused

Cheers … what about moving vehicles in and out the unit on back street public road ?

ROG:

m_attt:

Not always a good idea because if for any reason the agency does not give to operator then the driver not the agency is at fault

It is the job of the driver to give info to operator - make a note in a diary when this was done and to whom they were presented to so your arse is covered - do same if they were refused

guess it depends on the agency you work for, the one i do has a list of charts and signs them all off. Ive handed some directly to the employer before and it caused confusion and some got mis-placed. but good point on making a note of who and when you handed them in if unsure.

MuddaTruckka:
Cheers … what about moving vehicles in and out the unit on back street public road ?

If its on a public road and it does not come under any tacho exemption then the driver must be under full EU regs as far as I can see

The way i read this is that the boss has asked you if you can shift that truck over there and thats the only contact you will have with it, its not yours to drive later.

you are asking if you need to put a tacho in for 30 seconds work. legally yes you do. would i bother in those circumstances? no, i would just shift it, obviously if there is a cop parked next to it… but as long as i wont be driving it for the rest of the day i wouldn’t bother.

No one really cares. DVSA would only look into the vehicle’s movements if something serious took place.

I move my coach on a regular basis without the tacho in, be it in the yard or around the block.

Wouldn’t really think twice about jumping in a vehicle and moving it a short distance without a card. Who’s to say that it wasn’t being used as a shunter in the yard where a tacho is not required.