Moving to norfolk

Hello bit new to this .I use to drive in Oz but I am a brit and don’t ask why did i come back I know I know but hopefully will retire down under. I came back this year and oh bugger have things changed I have had to do my class 2 again as my heavy rigid licence in oz was not able to be changed over.Anyway I am looking for work shortly in Norfolk as i am moving there , can anyone help with learning the new digi card etc and working hours as it seems a bit confusing.

Thanks

Gaz

G’Day Gaz:
Hello bit new to this .I use to drive in Oz but I am a brit and don’t ask why did i come back I know I know but hopefully will retire down under. I came back this year and oh bugger have things changed I have had to do my class 2 again as my heavy rigid licence in oz was not able to be changed over.Anyway I am looking for work shortly in Norfolk as i am moving there , can anyone help with learning the new digi card etc and working hours as it seems a bit confusing.

Thanks

Gaz

Gud day Mate. loads will help you on your digi card.

I’m just wondering what is the reason to move to Norfolk, and what area you moving to, Driving jobs in Norfolk pay poorly in my experience. So if you were after earning, you might be better in another area. If its for a personal reason then I’ll keep My nose out and good luck Mate, nice to have you on board T/net :wink:

G’Day Gaz:

Thanks

Gaz

Have you done your CPC, working hours is all covered there

Which area of Nofolk are you moving to? North Norfolk seems very pricey,places like Holt.

There’s a few firms you could try in the Norfolk area
Anglia freight
Freight force
Foulgers
Jack Richards
Fritz morris
Bartrums
Matthews

I know some are openly recruiting as they are short , but as mentioned not the greatest pay … You could try Richard Bv longs … Seems everyone around Norfolk has worked for him and thinks he’s an ■■■ !!

Freight Dog:
Which area of Nofolk are you moving to? North Norfolk seems very pricey,places like Holt.

North Norfolk is a lovely place and nicely off the beaten track, but because of that it suffers the same problem as places like Cornwall. Not much in the way of industry, or any real well paid employment, (report on the local news a couple of week ago said average wage in the area £20,000pa)
but house prices are pushed beyond the reach of many people working there because of second homes and people selling up in London and the home counties and moving there for the “Country Life” then wanting street lights and complaining about the tractors and mud on the road. :confused:

Loads of small hauliers, seems every farmer has a couple of trucks, used for agricultural work then onto traction work when that goes quiet.
As well as the companies mentioned there is MA and MV Medler at Marsham, and J Medler at Felthorpe, but don’t confuse it with all the other business in the area owned by other members of the Medler clan. :laughing:
MDF at Yarmouth, Starlings, and Durys, and Saxon in North Walsham.

JOBE, Brenntag, Star Transport, RTH Lubbers, Bunn fertilisers

Muppetmk1:
There’s a few firms you could try in the Norfolk area

Freight farce
Jack Richards
Matthews
!!

Diesel-truckin:
JOBE, Star Transport,

muckles:
MDF at Yarmouth, Starlings, and Durys, and Saxon in North Walsham.

Now come on lads, he’s only just moved back from Oz and your firing those lot at him, he wants to be able to eat :unamused:

Muppetmk1:
… You could try Richard Bv longs … Seems everyone around Norfolk has worked for him and thinks he’s an ■■■ !!

I haven’t worked for him, nor has me bruv" muckles. But then we don’t think he’s an ■■■, we know it :wink:

Opps I seem to be a bit negative about Norfolk Hauliers, but then we’re a bit backward up here, and they still think its the 19th century :wink:

Hi Guys thanks for the info just moving up there for family reasons ,done my cpc course so will have a look at my books on that
thanks again

gary

G’Day Gaz:
Hi Guys thanks for the info just moving up there for family reasons ,done my cpc course so will have a look at my books on that
thanks again

gary

Where abouts in Norfolk are you moving to buddy?

Well I must be rare as I came from London and i live near Fakenham and I rent and I work for a family firm in Dereham!
Yes they are farmers! :smiley: I love it here! And I earn well above £20000 a year driving wagons!

dessy:
Well I must be rare as I came from London and i live near Fakenham and I rent and I work for a family firm in Dereham!
Yes they are farmers! :smiley: I love it here! And I earn well above £20000 a year driving wagons!

The £20,000 was an average for all types of work, I think the national average is £25,000, but it’s quality of life and that’s not all about money and it sounds like you’ve got yourself a good set-up. :smiley:

A mate of mine moved from Northampton to Norfolk, he works for a haulage company but it’s not run by farmers, they’re more like the Norfolk’s version of the Bo and Luke Duke. :laughing: but although he earns less than he could in Northampton and now rents a house, he feels he has a far better quality of life for himself, but mainly for his wife and daughter.

When I’m not away I work in Tunbridge Wells, but I won’t move down there, partly because of the prices, but mainly because I wouldn’t like to live down there.

muckles:

dessy:

The £20,000 was an average for all types of work, I think the national average is £25,000, but it’s quality of life and that’s not all about money and it sounds like you’ve got yourself a good set-up. :smiley:

A mate of mine moved from Northampton to Norfolk, he works for a haulage company but it’s not run by farmers, they’re more like the Norfolk’s version of the Bo and Luke Duke. :laughing: but although he earns less than he could in Northampton and now rents a house, he feels he has a far better quality of life for himself, but mainly for his wife and daughter.

When I’m not away I work in Tunbridge Wells, but I won’t move down there, partly because of the prices, but mainly because I wouldn’t like to live down there.

I on the other hand, like My brother(muckles) work out off the county, though we were born and raised in Norfolk. But I do agree about the quality off life, mainly for the Wife and Brats, which is why we have stayed living In Cromer. I have worked in Felixstowe for the past decade and this gives me earnings far above the local rates, the difference in earning potential seems to make the commute worthwhile :wink:

Could try Turners mate, they will take anyone on who can pass the driving assessment, everything 100% legal, money isn’t fantastic but is comparative with others in the area. Plenty of work all year too.

very surprised you did not get licence changed over i had b double there and got licence changed no problem got all sgio heavy haulage too maybe because i had uk licence s 20 years before for work and money the best place is in the midlands or coventry