Moving to east lincs

hello

I have just moved to east lincs, mablethorpe area to be near the sea,but sadly I have to get some work,does any one know of hauliers looking or suggest any companys to approach, or maybe any reliable agencys to get a regualar few days weekly,
thanks in advance for any help.

steve

You’re not very far from me. I have retired now but blimey, mate. Jump in the car and less than 10 mile away in Grimsby there are any number of haulage firms. Try Quayside … I used to load there and they always seemed very reasonable people there. There are also firms along the road at Immingham.

thanks the bear

there does look like a lot of work around Grimsby but I think 10 mins will take some doing but if I do a couple of nights out driving there wont be a problem thanks for your comment,
steve

Lots of places around Immingham. HandTrans have a sign up at Stallingboro’ wanting drivers.

I would go and speak to one of the agencies first. Dean at Tower Staff Solutions is a decent bloke. He has lads in DSV, DFDS, Quayside, SAL, Benton Bros, HandTrans, East Trans and various others. You could get a few shifts with all of them and see where suits you before you land a full time job. Exceed and Benhaul (same company really) are always after drivers direct as are Immingham Transport. If you would rather work out towards Horncastle way there’s RF Martin and Polypipe. No shortage of driving jobs round here mate, just need to find a decent one which I suppose is the tricky part!! All the best.

Hi Steve
Lots of work around Grimsby and Immingham.
The thing is you have not moved to the best paying area.
Try agencies first (then see what sort of work/companies you like)
Or just have a ride out and bang on a few doors. You will get work very fast.

Thanks for the replies I will get knocking on doors
Will keep you informed
Steve

You’re not far from Louth Have a look around Fairfield industrial estate :wink:

Radar19:
Lots of places around Immingham. HandTrans have a sign up at Stallingboro’ wanting drivers.

But bear in mind it’s long been said that good firms don’t need to advertise…

ladder49:

There is nothing on the industrial estate

TheBear:

ladder49:

There is nothing on the industrial estate

i was thinking of Jaines or Archbolds ? It’s a while since I hung my keys up

threewheelsonmywagon:

Radar19:

But bear in mind it’s long been said that good firms don’t need to advertise…

I’ve heard stories.

I’m based in stallingborough and can give you a bit of weekend or or the the odd few days if you fancy a night out…

Hi lrm
Sounds good, I did pm you with a bit about myself maybe we could discuss it.
Steve