Moving to Dorchester

Hi all, been here a while but just as a reader, seen some great advice so thought i would ask a question, at the end of October i am moving to Dorchester from surrey, i currently work for Wincanton/Morrisons cdc in Feltham, they were going to try transferring me to Dairy Crest in chard but seeing as i have just found out its closing that prob wont be happening.

So to my question, does anyone know of and class one work down that way, have never done nights out but wouldn’t mind if it was on 4on 4off but not 5 out of 7 as i still have a young family.

cheers shorts

Morrisons Bridgewater (DHL)always looking for drivers but that doesn’t come with a recommendation.

Not sure if you are class 1 or 2, but there is not much down that way. Chard is a bit of a trek, but you might try JB Wheaton.
Also, with depots at Blandford and Chard, you’ve got C & D South West (palletforce member).
You should consider including Yeovil, Poole, Weymouth in your internet job searches.

Be prepared for a massive loss in earnings.

Fulham FC:

Not necessarily.
Better quality of life as well, in my opinion.

Wyvern Cargo, Dyce carriers, AET group - all in Poole

cheers all, i am class 1 btw, will have a look into them,

Fulham FC:

not necessarily, also if i could find a 4on 4off with 3 nights away i would be willing to travel a bit further.

Cosmic:

Yep that’s what were hoping for

Dairy crest closing in chard…used to take a tanker in there in the 70s, when it was unigate…another one bites the dust !!

Shears transport next to Bournemouth airport.Vans to artics.Local to distance.

Yep there closing chard and Hanworth, i used to do the glass milk bottles from there recently on agency work and back when it was unigate as well

dairycrest.co.uk/media/lates … chard.aspx

Hanworth going as well…Ffs…i remember that when it was JOBS DAIRIES…with the plastic cows on the roof

Garador Ltd on Bunford Lane Yeovil by the Westland helicopter factory.
Local work on rigids,home at night or multi drops of garage doors all over the UK.
Artic multidrop on distance work.It is Monday to Friday so may not suit you.
Ring Dave Reed 01935 843785 for an application form.Dorchester is not far to Yeovil.

Also…if you use the Wetherspoons in Dorchester let us know how long it took you to find the gents!

just seen RT Keedwell are taking on for 4on 4 off, any info on wages and what they are like?

Hi dyce carriers would be no good for you as you are away for aat least 4 or 5 nights a week,and weekends.You can try joyce at poole docks.

Cosmic:

That’s what I thought when I moved to Wareham in 2004.

4 years later in a pile of debt and one foot in the door of the loony bin (I kid you not :smiling_imp: ) I breathed a great sigh of relief when I moved back to God’s Country. Dorset isn’t the “land of milk and honey” that people seem to think it is. If Dorset ceased to exist, I for one wouldn’t shed any tears.

Mole Valley Farmers are advertising for drivers. All farm drops, all bulk not bags, a 4 on 2 off system ,
(of sorts) no sunday work unless asked over the xmas period , not yer average lorry driving job , lots of muck & fair few challenges in the winter , not many motorway worriors stick at our work, we’re a breed apart :laughing: Dorch mill is 5 mins from the town on the old piddlehinton barracks , enterprise park i think it’s called now

I’Ve heard that Langdons do 4 on 4 off out of Bridgwater, prob about 40 minutes from Dorchester.

threewheelsonmywagon:

Cosmic:

That’s what I thought when I moved to Wareham in 2004.

4 years later in a pile of debt and one foot in the door of the loony bin (I kid you not :smiling_imp: ) I breathed a great sigh of relief when I moved back to God’s Country. Dorset isn’t the “land of milk and honey” that people seem to think it is. If Dorset ceased to exist, I for one wouldn’t shed any tears.

The in-laws live in deepest Dorset it’s lovely but only if you’re retired.

Kell:
I’Ve heard that Langdons do 4 on 4 off out of Bridgwater, prob about 40 minutes from Dorchester.

Bridgwater is 52 miles from Dorchester. You’d have to be a highly paid and highly motivated individual.