Moving to Australia

discoman:

FarnboroughBoy11:

contractdriver:

FarnboroughBoy11:
It’s very hard to get in when you are over 30. And no, our licences don’t work over there apart from a car license.
You would have to do their equivalent class 2 then class 1 and then MC - Multi Combination licence if you want more than 1 trailer :slight_smile:
Trucking out there is brutal though, when I go out there I won’t be trucking hopefully!!

The rules must have changed then… I got my first Western Austrailia AC licence in 1992 (artic and road train) as it was known then and was just a simple 30 questions test and Uk licence exchange, no driving or anything. I then travelled elsewhere and returned to back to Western Australia in 2002, took the same 30 question desktop test (uk class 1 exchange) only to find that i had gained the HC (Class 1) licence, but lost my roadtrain entitlement!!..doh!

So there is no Class 1 licence exchange there now?.. who told you this?

I researched it when i was out there last year and confirmed by looking online on several websites.

Funny, I moved over here in over last year I didn’t have to do the HR course to get my HC, they were going to directly exchange it but they never … Provided you hold a HC (class one in UK) they let you go straight to HC here in NSW, you have to do a knowledge test and get 98% … then get learner book, book a course and then either do assessment or test … there are 3 licence over here auto synchro and Road ranger … even if you never intend on driving a road ranger always best to do it … then after 12 months earlier in come cases go on to the MC which can be done in an auto as you will already have the RR on you r licence , but all states have different rules re licences … also no it is not hard to get in when over 30 it is a different type of visa under 30 you can get a working holiday visa … over you go for a 175 independent 176 state sponsor 176 family sponsor and so forth … re Oz more chance of of john paul the 2nd getting a Resurrection than getting in on a truck licence … NZ best way to go unless wife has a skill on the list OZ is really over rated … miss the life of UK following my team old job old life etc,

I can totally concur with that last sentence! Aus is ■■■■! Massively over rated! Best thing we ever did was move back to the UK!

My sister is out there and kept on about going so I went for a look in 2010.Was offered a job with Armesto’s in Beerwah just north of Brisbane but decided against it due to the aggro of getting license.
I wish I had now though because there’s ■■■■ all jobs going here.