Moving on..

So I start my new job in a weeks time with Eddie stobart que the stobart bashers lol but hear me out first. I passed my class 1 about 2 months ago and with already being in a full time job driving a rigid I was struggling to find a company in my area to take on a new pass yes I could of joined an agency but as we all know I’m not likely to get a full weeks work and iv had bad experiences with them in the past so I waited for the right opportunity. The way I see it they are willing to give me a chance and it gets me some experience and if I don’t like it I’ll stick it out and move on… I ■■■■■■ the assessment but struggled on the reversing so they put me on a 2 day reverse course at Appleton starting next week where I’ll also have an induction and get given my uniform etc. So ye all in all I feel it’s a good move for me

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Ignore the negativity from all the mr perfects on here, it’ll be good experience and you’ll see most of the U.K. On for them there’s tescos need stock up and down the uk :laughing:
Good luck.

Congratulations on the Stobarts I can’t see the issue decent truck well looked after and there willing to A. Give you a chance and B. Help train you further

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good move Berty, you’ll get the experience and then you’ll be able to choose to stay at ES or move on elsewhere

Good on yer mate well done and Good luck with it.hope it works out for you
( from a confirmed Stobby hater :smiley: :wink: )

Btw…Love the way you feel the need to explain yourself about working for Stobbies :smiley: as if it was something to be ashamed of. :smiley: …a bit like your sister explaining why she has gone into the ■■■■ industry :laughing: :laughing:

Btw DON’T worry about the reversing…it WILL come :bulb:
I was once the world’s worst reverser :blush: (if that’s a word :smiley: )
Now I am one of Ollie Notts’ Mr Perfects :sunglasses: :laughing:

Stanny_1985:
well looked after

Got a couple of mates on there who might argue with that one mate, but I suppose it depends on how you define ‘‘well looked after’’

robroy:

Stanny_1985:
well looked after

Got a couple of mates on there who might argue with that one mate, but I suppose it depends on how you define ‘‘well looked after’’

I meant the kits well looked after or at least looks like it.

Stanny_1985:

robroy:

Stanny_1985:
well looked after

I meant the kits well looked after or at least looks like it.

Can’t argue with that. …dammit. :smiley:

robroy:
Good on yer mate well done and Good luck with it.hope it works out for you
( from a confirmed Stobby hater :smiley: :wink: )

Btw…Love the way you feel the need to explain yourself about working for Stobbies :smiley: as if it was something to be ashamed of. :smiley: …a bit like your sister explaining why she has gone into the ■■■■ industry [emoji38] [emoji38]

Btw DON’T worry about the reversing…it WILL come :bulb:
I was once the world’s worst reverser :blush: (if that’s a word :smiley: )
Now I am one of Ollie Notts’ Mr Perfects :sunglasses: [emoji38]

Well what can I say! The thought of leaving my cushy rigid has got me all sentimental and caused these expressive outbursts and I thought who best to express myself too than my fellow truckers [SMILING FACE WITH SMILING EYES]

Berty:
So I start my new job in a weeks time with Eddie stobart que the stobart bashers lol but hear me out first. I passed my class 1 about 2 months ago and with already being in a full time job driving a rigid I was struggling to find a company in my area to take on a new pass yes I could of joined an agency but as we all know I’m not likely to get a full weeks work and iv had bad experiences with them in the past so I waited for the right opportunity. The way I see it they are willing to give me a chance and it gets me some experience and if I don’t like it I’ll stick it out and move on… I ■■■■■■ the assessment but struggled on the reversing so they put me on a 2 day reverse course at Appleton starting next week where I’ll also have an induction and get given my uniform etc. So ye all in all I feel it’s a good move for me

Good on you mate. Take no notice of the Stobart bashers. Hope you soon get the reversing nailed.

Does that mean we’ll see you on the telly box then? Channel 5 I think. :smiley:

Only messing. Best of luck pal.

Berty:
I ■■■■■■ the assessment but struggled on the reversing so they put me on a 2 day reverse course at Appleton starting next week where I’ll also have an induction and get given my uniform etc.

Sounds a whole world better than “Here’s the keys off you go!”

Even if it ends up totally unsuitable for you in the long run, it’s a great sounding start.

Good luck. :grimacing:

Well done Chief. Will you be working out of Appleton?

I agree with what others have said,get the experience under your belt,then move on,or not.

Whichever takes your fancy :wink:

Good luck.

Thanks everyone

eagerbeaver:
Well done Chief. Will you be working out of Appleton?

No mate I’ll be working out the cannock depot all unilever products it comes under ambient non beverage… I just gotta do my training at Appleton

GreenMan99:

Berty:
I ■■■■■■ the assessment but struggled on the reversing so they put me on a 2 day reverse course at Appleton starting next week where I’ll also have an induction and get given my uniform etc.

Even if it ends up totally unsuitable for you in the long run, it’s a great sounding start.

Yep iv had plenty of them jobs haha it’s what I’m used too so this is all new to me

GreenMan99:

Berty:

I thought the same.
It’s a refreshing change that a new driver gets a bit of chance to improve and mostly get a bit of confidence.

i am sure you will look very smart in your new green uniform, the only way they can get drivers now is to train them themselves such is how no real drivers are queuing up to get a job with them
the only good thing about it is you will gain experience and we all had to work for the crap firms first to gain the experience, the problem is there isnt much for you to move on to when you get that experience as most of the jobs now pay as badly as stobarts
so congratulations on starting at the bottom lets hope there is a top one day to aim for

There’s nothing wrong with taking on a job for “Experience” rather than decent pay. They tend to be mutually exclusive in any case.

“On the job training” is becoming as rare as rocking horse ■■■■■ after all. To get the better-paying jobs - you are expected to be highly trained and experienced from day one on that new job.

If you’re NOT though - Storbarts, like Swains or Nobbies - isn’t a bad place to train up and get your experience, leaving you free to then move up to a better-paid job elsewhere, as I don’t think they have tie-ins.

Drivers knocking Stobarts on here is like a Stockbroker who is always moaning about how crap his old grammar school was. :unamused: :unamused: