moving on

well as most of you know i have been doing removals for the past few months (hence the subject title sorry couldnt think of anything better :blush: :blush: :unamused: )
well i have quite frankly had a gut full of it, and the time has come to go another way.
well at long last i have landed a job at my local tnt depot, or as it used to be called transport nicolas, and will be running around france and europe with a 40t tautliner on general haulage.
not sure what tractor unit i will be getting but am angling for an fh but there are daf xf’s, actros, stralis, a few man’s and the odd twingo and euroturd (iveco) knocking around.
the only trouble is i have to work out my weeks notice and i really dont want to be there but i have no choice as they will play silly buggers with my wages for the last month, and i have quite a lot of night out money to come in for the last 3 weeks i cant afford to stick up 2 fingers and just sod off.
the other problem is i trapped a nerve in my neck last week and it is giving me serious grief, so cant lift anything heavy as it just makes it worse. am ok with driving now but the doc has said rest is what is needed and wanted to put me on the sick for a week, but i had to say no as it wouldnt have looked good with my new employer, lesser of 2 evils i suppose :unamused: :unamused:
the only problem is the guy i work with likes a drink or 20 even whilst driving and those of you who know what pastis is knows how strong and how dangerous it is as well, well this guy likes to drink it whilst driving along with a few beers and a bottle of rose wine as well :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:
i have told my boss that i will not work with the guy and he is 1 of the reasons i am leaving along with his wife who really wears the trousers and is just plain bloody rude all of the time, and wants the impossible done as well all the time :imp: :imp:
just have 4 days to get through but for me it is 4 days too long, i just want to get the hell out of there ASAP :angry: :angry: :angry:
oh well role on friday.
salut
chris

Pleased to hear you have landed something better Caveman, just stick with it to the end of the week safe in the knowledge that after that they can go swivel.

Good luck with the new job.

good luck with the new job

good luck caveman i sort of know what your feeling but the thing is i normally just clear off for my last week and stuff em although i wouldnt recommend this because i lost my holiday money over it last time.
and i also know about having the neck problemand new job if you can goand see them and just be honest it sometimes helps.

a few weeks ago i started with a new agency my friend put me forward saying to the manager that i was hard working and reliable and wouldnt let them down…
so on my way to my first job at british bakerys in bradford i was just 5 mins away when on stanningley by-pass a car ran into the back off me i was quite shacken up but not hurt although i instantley had a headache i knew i should go home and rest but i went to work and just carried on and worked the rest of the week as i couldnt let them down especally after my mate put me forward.
if i had gone home and phoned in sick you know what agencys are like i would never have had another day off them again but really it has paid off cos they are a good agency that have kept me in work and NO messing around.

Just put a chuff chart up in the truck,mark each day off.If your guy that you work with ask’s what it is,just say i’m counting the day’s left to work with a you. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Good luck with the new job caveman :smiley:

Good news Chris.

Definitely stick it out, whatever the pain bodily or otherwise (I take it they’ve swopped Karim away from you), because you don’t want to get a bad reputation. I always said if you leave on good terms you can always go back. However unlikely this seems, you never know what the future holds.

Funny thing about pain and incapacity. The morning I was offered the job by Gauthier I woke up with a stiff back and could hardly move, remarking to Fran ‘you watch, I bet Gauthier offers me a job today and I would have to make an excuse.’ Well, he did, I didn’t, and miraculously the back unlocked itself :laughing:

Will look out for you in the blue and white trucks, let me know what yours looks like when you get it.

Salut, David.

good luck with the new job caveman…not long now :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

:open_mouth: Unlucky.

What was his driving like on the drink then :question: Any urge to ask , “How many fingers am i holding up?” :stuck_out_tongue:

:smiley: New job :arrow_right: Best of luck.

thanks guys,
when he was driving around the center of paris i had my hands covering my eyes and trying to find the brake pedel that just wasnt there, problem when you are used to driving in a rhd :blush: :blush:
got 1 more day to get through, but this week hasnt been to bad (says he who has been up and down so many flights of stairs his legs went on strike and with those dodgy lookin knees… :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: )
have been down to geneva to tip and reload, never been down there before and it is an absolutly amazing place and the scenery is amazing, especially when you look up and see about 30 paragliders floating around and then you remember that you havent got a camera so cant post the picies on here :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:
quite glad i wasnt doing an italy thou as there was a 7hr wait to get through the blanc :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:
got a feeling that tommorrow is going to be a bad day, knowing what the boss ■■■■■ is like it wont be an early finish either :imp: :imp:
funnily enough my dad has been going on and on about trying to finish with them on good terms as they did give me a chance when no one else would, but they have stiched me up somewhat along the way as well, so will say ta very much, do the off and not look back.
well had better go and have a shower and think about me bed.
well post as to how tommorrow goes when it is all over.
see ya
chris

Pastis makes an excellent pain killer :smiley: It also kills brain cells apparently :open_mouth: I always manage to stick to Kir or Martini as an apperitif and then finish the night with GET vingt sept :stuck_out_tongue:

Good luck on the new job, I will keep looking for a Transports Nicolas with a bloke with knobbly knees driving it :stuck_out_tongue:

well i did it i finished the week like a good little englishman, stiff upper lip and a stiff pair of 2 fingers if you catch me drift.
the now ex-boss ■■■■■ was still up to her usual right to the end, even having a little snipe as i went out the door :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:
have got to take all my uniform back next saturday and pick up the rest off my wages. will take great pleasure in telling her all about my spanish trip and my shiney new stralis or maybe not new but she wont know that :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp:
so on monday i have to be at the office for 8am to go for a medical at 8.30 then off down the road tip in dept 32 and reload in spain (handy cause i can stock up on cheap ■■■■)
i will be driving an orange tnt stralis probly dragging a transports nicolas 13.6m tautliner around france and europe.
so keep your eyes open for a hi vis stralis being drivern by a grinning fool with dodgy knees :laughing: :laughing:
salut
chris