Moving Loads

Moving along from El-Sumos slight accident the other day

If you roll over because of a moving load how do you stand LEGALY
as your unable to open the container to ensure the load is safe and secure.

Also I have noticed recently loads comming out of RDC’s where the trailers have been sealed on the bay and drivers have no way of ensuring the load restraint in correct or working ■■?
When I did the supermarkets we always had to check the last cage to make sure you had the right load and that it was secure but at sainsburys Bristol they dont seem to do this anymore

I’m not too sure on the legality of this point but it makes logical sense that you should have the RIGHT to inspect the load to ensure it is secure.

The Driver is, after all, responsible for the load when on the public highway.

nick2008:
Moving along from El-Sumos slight accident the other day

If you roll over because of a moving load how do you stand LEGALY
as your unable to open the container to ensure the load is safe and secure.

Also I have noticed recently loads comming out of RDC’s where the trailers have been sealed on the bay and drivers have no way of ensuring the load restraint in correct or working ■■?
When I did the supermarkets we always had to check the last cage to make sure you had the right load and that it was secure but at sainsburys Bristol they dont seem to do this anymore

With any load you pull you can demand to check inside even if a container…( you may not be liked for doing so ) but if it’s loaded badly you are the driver…

and weight wise you are allowed to get it wieghed on a weighbridge …and check axle weights …

As for Rdc’s once again you can get security to break seal check it … then they re seal it for you… lots of overtime then on those basic 8 hour shifts :smiley:

The license belongs to you it’s best to try and keep it free from endorsements.
As most employers will simply say you should have checked…