Moving load?

I was sent to one of our warehouses today to pick up a load but as usual told nothing or what to expect when i got there the load was chairs!!! all on wheeled bogies like this,

A bit hesitant as to whether trailer straps would do the job i just went about it and got the job done.

I was still exercising the old sphincter muscles a bit but after getting it fully loaded like this,

I got to my delivery point (Worksop to Derby) took it nice and easy on the roundabouts and got there with two loads no problem and thought phewww im glad thats over.

Guess what the ■■■■ im doing tomorrow!!!

Was it strapped right in your eyes?.

I’d probably put a strap across the bottoms of them too, but doesnt look bad over all.
Bearing in mind the curtains will be there too, i doubt they were over heavy and didnt look like they had any sharp edges to tear the curtain. For something like that the curtain will act as an aditional restraint.

why didnt they stick them in a van at least you could have used the bars and cups

dennisw1:
I’d probably put a strap across the bottoms of them too, but doesnt look bad over all.
Bearing in mind the curtains will be there too, i doubt they were over heavy and didnt look like they had any sharp edges to tear the curtain. For something like that the curtain will act as an aditional restraint.

Not what the curtain is there for :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :wink:

After your last argument jammy id be [zb] after that , id be puting in a grevance tomorrow.

Looks a neat job jammy but why would you pack the things on bogies in the first place? They couldn’t have been very manoueverrdgf errrr… easy to move. :open_mouth:

ralliesport:
After your last argument jammy .

Which one exactly there have been a few.

The total weight on the load is less than 3 ton!! i was more worried about sideward movement than anything else to be honest.

Load perturding the curtains blocking your mirrors

Your going to have to get them to give you the risk assessments on loading trucks (which every firm is legally required to do) See what mention it makes on strapping loads.

Any movement at all would have risked the straps falling off.

here are a couple of suggestions, one you have a wooden floor
place strips of wood say every 5 places and nail it down at the
front, or/and also place two pallets on their side ,place a rachetstrap
through the pallets resting on the wooden strip in the middle
secure the ■■■■■■■■ both sides of the trailer but beind and to the rear
this would force the load to the rear and restict /stop movement
THE pallets you could say postion in the middle and also at the
end of the load, SOME would say over kill but ask those who do
europe know.how,
HOT they are about safety and the load ,restraint, also it costs you
when caught out.Time money,points on the licence, etc,

or just get your employer to get this fitted

http://www.krueger.com.au/documents/Krueger_Newsletter.pdf

ralliesport:
Load perturding the curtains blocking your mirrors

As i said though and Jammy has confirmed they weigh next to nothing and chances are wouldnt have been enough to make the curtains even buldge. I also said i’d have put some straps on the bottoms too so they cant roll about.

Now if it had been concrete blocks or steel then no they would just go straight through the curtains but lightweight chairs with no sharp edges no problem.

On the subject of moving loads Passed a rigid curtain sider today who was parked up in a layby on the A303 and notice the back and side was open with the driver standing there looking at a trolley on its side contents everywhere by the side of the truck. Didnt know that was ment to happe. But guess the subject is moving loads lol

hitch:
why didnt they stick them in a van at least you could have used the bars and cups

That would have been my suggestion.

Bakery work on trolleys like that is usually done in a box van. I used to do bakery with a bar and a strap across the back of the load and never once had anything shift.

What sort of chairs were they by the way, Jammy?

jammymutt:

ralliesport:

The total weight on the load is less than 3 ton!! i was more worried about sideward movement than anything else to be honest.

Jammy, you do direct store deliveries like that? Also, the size of your place, when it kicks in fully operational who is going to lose work? It has to take over someone elses store deliveries?

Mike-C:

jammymutt:

ralliesport:

Jammy, you do direct store deliveries like that? Also, the size of your place, when it kicks in fully operational who is going to lose work? It has to take over someone elses store deliveries?

Mike Worksop is solely a D.C. and not an R.C.C. all we do is deliver to other D.C,s, this particular load was for Branstons overspill depot in Derby which is there due to the fire.

The main people who will be losing work is yours funnily enough, when we take over the tote handling part just as soon as they get it working :confused: :confused: :confused: sorry, IF. but thankfully we wont be doing the paint :slight_smile::).

We wont be delivering to stores!!!.

and before anyone asks about jobs at worksop, i recently contacted the HR there and was told atm there are no vacancies going, however they did send me an application form, which i returned.
I then recieved a letter saying “thank you for your recent enquiry, but we have no current vacancies etc etc etc”

Oh well, another one shoved in the application pile by HR :unamused: :unamused:

jammymutt:
Mike Worksop is solely a D.C. and not an R.C.C. all we do is deliver to other D.C,s, this particular load was for Branstons overspill depot in Derby which is there due to the fire.

The main people who will be losing work is yours funnily enough, when we take over the tote handling part just as soon as they get it working :confused: :confused: :confused: sorry, IF. but thankfully we wont be doing the paint :slight_smile::).

We wont be delivering to stores!!!.

I thought you where gonna say ours!!

What a load of nonsense spouted over a load of chairs. This is the standard way that B’Q load. We used to sub out of Redhouse Doncaster and thats the way that they allways used to do it. Every pallet space had to have an internal strap. If you didnt have 13 straps down each side you were refused loading.On the plus side b’q used to let u use all their facilitys except the gym. Anne the transport manager was surperb but you crossed her at your peril.

wideload:
This is the standard way that B’Q load

Its the first time ive seen it in 3 years working for B&Q it cant be that standard can it:):)>