Movianto..!?

Hi everyone, im new here and would like to know what its like to work at Movianto as a HGV driver in North Yorkshire…!?

I responded to the recent advert for C+E drivers at Bedford.
Applied and received an automated email response saying if nothing heard back from them within 5 working days then assume you were unsuccessful.
Didn’t hear anything for about 4 weeks, then got a phone call out of the blue from HR bod.

Telephone assessment, wanting to know what I am up to, where I am working, what my current salary is, etc. If assessment went well, would be called in for interview.

Telephone conversation ended pretty soon after that question - the guy suggested that I would probably not be interested any further (which I had to agree) as the base salary (for 46.5 hours/week) was £20,000 with a “market rate adjustment” of £4,000, making a salary of £24,000. (works out about £10/hour)

Now, £10/hour is not a bad salary I guess for many, but in this area, its pretty pants.
Currently getting about £3/Hr more than being offered by Movianto (or about £140/week).

Bet the jobs a doddle though but like you say round there , you may as well just work for Asda & get more money.

I used to do some agency work for them and it’s easy clean work and I was offered a class 1 job with them but declined as the pay was pretty grim and I was earning more on agency.

worked for them near wakefield easy job nice clean but manager wanted drivers to pay for damage to trucks to keep job even damage that you had reported before going out thats why no one reported it lol

Thank you everyone for your reply to my post…food for thought…!?

what are asda paying class 1 now?