Moved truck without tacho?

If you drive in scope of Eu regs during any day and for any duration in a week then all your work for that week needs to be recorded.

Coffeeholic:

tofer:
Here’s another scenario. If you are taking a truck to/from a garage near your base say 10km away for repair work do you still need to be using a tachograph chart. I’ve been using a chart and carrying my cards even if thats the only driving I do that day. Other drivers are not using a chart saying you don’t need one if it’s coming back from repair but I always thought that that exemption was only for mechanics road testing a vehicle.

You need to use the tacho. As you say the exemption is only for a vehicle undergoing a road test and taking it for repair there would be nothing to test and you would have expected the fitter to have road tested it before you collect it.

i would like to add that as a hgv driver, you still must carry your charts with you 28 put the current day even if you are picking up a truck from the garage

i was going to ask this in another new thread but it will fit into place in here.

at our place we have vans and hgv’s, sometimes i will do a few days over the weekends on the hgv’s and maybe once or twice i will be asked to nip a parcel up to southampton in an evening, now if i do that do i need to carry my tacho’s with me in teh van if i have done inscope driving that working week? the reason i ask is…if stopped by vosa (in my van) and they saw the hgv entitlement on the licence would they question my inscope driving (this is purely hypothetical as i always carry my tachos (they are in my folder with my licence and other gumpf)) and also where would i stand if i hadnt done any in that week already and didnt intend to do any in the following days? would they look into it a lot more or just take it at face value that i am just doing van work that week and dont need to keep tachos for that week?

Giblsa:
i was going to ask this in another new thread but it will fit into place in here.

at our place we have vans and hgv’s, sometimes i will do a few days over the weekends on the hgv’s and maybe once or twice i will be asked to nip a parcel up to southampton in an evening, now if i do that do i need to carry my tacho’s with me in teh van if i have done inscope driving that working week? the reason i ask is…if stopped by vosa (in my van) and they saw the hgv entitlement on the licence would they question my inscope driving (this is purely hypothetical as i always carry my tachos (they are in my folder with my licence and other gumpf)) and also where would i stand if i hadnt done any in that week already and didnt intend to do any in the following days? would they look into it a lot more or just take it at face value that i am just doing van work that week and dont need to keep tachos for that week?

if i am not mistaken the van driving still working for that employer so i would think if you drive a van you would have to put it down on a tacho as other work as you drive hgv as well

1. A driver shall record as other work any time spent as
    described in Article 4(e) as well as any time spent driving a
    vehicle used for commercial operations not falling within the
    scope of this Regulation, and shall record any periods of
    availability, as defined in Article 15(3)(c) of Regulation (EEC)
    No 3821/85, since his last daily or weekly rest period. This
    record shall be entered either manually on a record sheet, a
    printout or by use of manual input facilities on recording
    equipment.

(e) ‘other work’ means all activities which are defined as
working time in Article 3(a) of Directive 2002/15/EC
except ‘driving’, including any work for the same or
another employer, within or outside of the transport
sector;

delboytwo:

Giblsa:

if i am not mistaken the van driving still working for that employer so i would think if you drive a van you would have to put it down on a tacho as other work as you drive hgv as well

1. A driver shall record as other work any time spent as
    described in Article 4(e) as well as any time spent driving a
    vehicle used for commercial operations not falling within the
    scope of this Regulation, and shall record any periods of
    availability, as defined in Article 15(3)(c) of Regulation (EEC)
    No 3821/85, since his last daily or weekly rest period. This
    record shall be entered either manually on a record sheet, a
    printout or by use of manual input facilities on recording
    equipment.

(e) ‘other work’ means all activities which are defined as
working time in Article 3(a) of Directive 2002/15/EC
except ‘driving’, including any work for the same or
another employer, within or outside of the transport
sector;

i understand that and if i do a job in a van but have done inscope driving that week it goes on the back of a tacho or a bit of printout roll but if im not inscope at all that week would they question the lack of tacho’s just from the entitlement on the licence and the fact our compnay has hgv’s and vans?

if you drive a van for that week and no hgv driving then no tachos would be required, but IMHO i would right out tachos, cos if you do even one day in scope driving you would need a recored of all that week,
and as you do drive hgvs i would carry tachos with you as well just in case you never know whats going to happen.

it may be silly in say this but lets say you drove a hgv for two hours in the week between rests, all that week would need to be recored on a chart as i posted earlier

Giblsa:
i understand that and if i do a job in a van but have done inscope driving that week it goes on the back of a tacho or a bit of printout roll but if im not inscope at all that week would they question the lack of tacho’s just from the entitlement on the licence and the fact our compnay has hgv’s and vans?

The requirement to carry and produce records covering up to 29 days is part of the EU regulations and if you not working under EU regs then none of those regulations apply to you.

Obviously if you have done any work under EU regs that week prior to driving the van then the van driving is other work for the tacho rules and you will need to be able to produce records and also observe daily and WTD rest periods.