MOVED : france in 7.5

hi all
can anyone let me know if it is still possible to take a 7.5 over to france without tacho o lic etc. not for hire or reward just collecting some furniture for a friend who (god knows why) is selling up and coming back.

also what would we need to take with us regards log book insurance cert etc

many thanks in advance

jc69817:
hi all
can anyone let me know if it is still possible to take a 7.5 over to france without tacho o lic etc. not for hire or reward just collecting some furniture for a friend who (god knows why) is selling up and coming back.

many thanks in advance

As France is under the same EU regs as the UK then a 7.5 for private use only is exempt tacho regs

sorry - don’t know about what docs to take but I would suggest something that makes it clear you are on a private only job.

jc69817:
hi all

many thanks in advance

Log book, insurance(green card)Drivers licence.
Make a manifest of goods youre bringing back , dont forget the hi- vis(1 per person in vehicle)and “■■■■■■■■■” sticker on rear end

Suedehead:

jc69817:
hi all

many thanks in advance

Log book, insurance(green card)Drivers licence.
Make a manifest of goods youre bringing back , dont forget the hi- vis(1 per person in vehicle)and “■■■■■■■■■” sticker on rear end

Only need one hi-vis here in the vehicle, …for the driver, as he will be the one putting out the triangle, oh yes don’t forget the warning triangle (2 if you are going to Spain).

If it’s a hired vehicle, make sure the hire company give you an authorising letter allowing you drive the vehicle, also they MUST give you the “Original” registration document… Insurance is normally sorted out by them too.
If its your vehicle, the same applies except the letter authorising to drive

In addition to this, as it’s for private use, a tacho is actually not required, but as stated before on other threads, better safe than sorry, put one in anyway. Also you won’t be restricted by the week-end bans here as you are under 7.5 t

Registration Document, insurance and all that has been mentioned above, but with the warning triangle make sure its is up to date, they have changed the CE number on them and ones over 2 years old might not comform, Mr Gandarme is having a field day around here as when they do a control they are checking papers and triangle.