move to turkey

my mates movin to turkey in april and is goin over in his car.has anyone heard of a triptyque no.2. he asked me and i havent got a clue.he thinks its some document to get car into turkey.is there any insurance companies who will insure him to drive in turkey…thankyou

Hi Jackson619
Tell your mate to contact the RAC or AA about the triptik. The correct name is Carnet de Passage and we used to need them to enter Turkey by truck. But nowadays you dont need a Triptik for a truck, it is entered in your passport, so it might be the same for a car!!Also go to the RHA website, you should find answers and contact info there.
GS

GS OVERLAND:
Hi Jackson619
But nowadays you dont need a Triptik for a truck

since when? they were certainly required a year ago, at the border and in the customs.

if your mate is moving for good to turkey i wouldn be worrying about tax and insurance for the car :smiling_imp:

I drove to my house in the south of turkey last year and all you require is a green card from your insurance company . but you have to work out your route to let them work which countries need a gren card.
you can drive from here to germany then austria then through the former jugoslavia bulgaria annd turkey this would be a multi green card. i sugest one of two routes germany autria to southern hungary at crossing the border at szeged into serbia then bulgy and turkey this is only a three country card, or the more exspensive route through france then ferry from italy to greece then turkey,
but rember you can only keep your car in turkey for 6 months with out re regerstratio which is complicated and exspensive you can over come this for a few pouds if you wish to keep your english regerstration if you need advice on this please ask me.
most of turkey is now motor way with tole roads but they are very cheap,not like the old roads when we ran to the middle east.
good luck

shallowherry:
I drove to my house in the south of turkey last year and all you require is a green card from your insurance company . but you have to work out your route to let them work which countries need a gren card.

When are UK insurance companies going to enter the real world and leave this rip off green card carry on?
At least in France, and I suspect elsewhere, the normal car insurance automatically comes with a green card, no extra payment, no extra specification. The only countries I’m not covered for are Iraq and Afghanistan - and I have no intention of going to either of those places again. :laughing:

On slightly different aspect,some Portuguse guy who had a classic car business in Lisbon,used to only drive at higher speeds at night,to deliver customers cars to the UK,no radar or police around in 1990`s.

milodon:

GS OVERLAND:
Hi Jackson619
But nowadays you dont need a Triptik for a truck

since when? they were certainly required a year ago, at the border and in the customs.

Believe they’re required if pulling an open trailer (eg. flatbed, low-loader), but stand to be corrected.

gb1:
Believe they’re required if pulling an open trailer (eg. flatbed, low-loader), but stand to be corrected.

I guess not, cos I have always had either a box or a regular tilt and they always wanted to see it everywhere

Looks like you are talking about 2 different things. There is a Carnet de Passage for the Truck (triptyque) and Carnet De Passage for the load (TIR Carnet).
If he intends to import the car it may be cheaper and easier to pay the import duty at the border rather than going to the expense of getting the triptyque.
Gavin

thanks for advice lads.went with my mate and just flew back fridat.we went,hull zeebrugge,germany,austria,slovenia,croatia,serbia,bulgaria,turkey marmaris.we didnt need a green card.when we got to turkish border we insured car there,£58 for six month fully comp for both of us for six month.didnt touch a motorway in turkey apart from izmir ring road.went channakala galipoli izmir mugla then marmaris.had a good time,stopped a week then flew home.his restaurant opened on sunday and is called the shamrock again thanks for advice