Mounting CB Ariel on the modern plastic cabs

Was easy on an old 143 scania magmount on roof Antenna of choice a modulator or later on a sirio hi power 3000 you could tilt the whip back on them there was a knuckle actually built into them , trucks nowadays especially units are a pain for mounting an Antenna anyone else have similar problems , only place I can think of is on back of cab but then your open to theft and I don’t fancy having magmount and Antenna stole …seems a lot of work mounting on the rear of side faring , and feeding cable through the back wall of sleeper and also how would I get a decent SWR there Antenna should be centre mounted on roof .

Old school , twins on the mirror arms and a 1000w burner , job jobbed .

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

When I had CB`s the antenna always clamped on the middle of the spoiler fittings,and the coax went through the sun roof,as long as the top of the whip is above the spoiler you should be able to get 1.1 1.2 SWR or close enough

Not an easy task on the high rise tractor units around today I’m thinking more on the back of the cab but then trying to get a good SWR is hard

grumpyken52:
Old school , twins on the mirror arms and a 1000w burner , job jobbed .

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

The good Auld days running a burner listening to the yanks on AM ,

I’ve mounted my external DAB Aerial inside the roof!!! The plastic is invisible to radio waves, or so it seems :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Off topic I know, but is it worth it? Last time I listened to a CB it was full of morons and knuckle draggers. Don,t think twins on the wing mirrors would work nowadays purely because of how modern wing mirrors are made, did used to look good tho. Think mobiles and the internet have near enough killed CB off and to a certian extent Amatuer radio.

thunderpole.co.uk/medium-cb … tenna.html

Other makes of CB aerials are available.

tommie1shunt:
Don,t think twins on the wing mirrors would work nowadays

They never really worked in the old days either.

vi.raptor.ebaydesc.com/ws/eBayIS … spheader=1

Cheers for the link that’s just what I’m
after mate .