motorway services

youtu.be/v2tOJtvg8VA

a true reflection…maybe? :laughing:

Rule of thumb, the flasher they look on the outside, the crappier the inside.

that was carryfast in the toilet

I’ve said before, ok for a shower, bog, coffee, no way would I overnight park there (unless free) and deffo no way I would buy a meal there, mainly as I’ve got a severe aversion to being ripped off,.snap parking or not, it’s principle.
Last time I parked on MSAs was regularly in the 80s at M6 Charnock Richard, (unoficially free btw) and that was only because Park Hall night spot was over the adjacent field on n/b side, and we all used to meet up… :smiley:

Same as Robroy, refuse out of principle to park in the ■■■■■■■ holes

If you are after supplies M+S are very reasonable. WH Smith and Spar avoid like the plague.
£2.50 for a 1.5 litre bottle of water FFS. That’s more expensive than petrol.

Tj916:
If you are after supplies M+S are very reasonable.

Or for supplies,.alternatively go to an Asda/Tesco/Morrisons on any retail park, (usually adequate parking).and pay a fraction of the price on an MSA M&S…also get a cheap decent breakfast, or a reasonable meal while you’re in.
Like I said,.wouldn’t dream of spending money in any of those ■■■■ holes.

robroy:
Like I said,.wouldn’t dream of spending money in any of those [zb] holes.

I’m more than happy to spend other people’s money in them. Get the £10 food voucher thrown in, then it’s free BK double cheese and fries for an already overweight driver. Courtesy of the gaffer.

The food vouchers are for free food at m&s amongst other things , so it doesn’t matter what services / m&s charge , it’s free if you use the food voucher.Free !!!
So who in there right mind is going to go to a Tesco / Asda supermarket or a m&s high street store and pay for the same food you can get for free at the services
Think it’s called having more money than sense !!!

D6FA9CE1-4B44-4948-8621-F0483F3BE022.jpeg

dozy:
The food vouchers are for free food at m&s amongst other things , so it doesn’t matter what services / m&s charge , it’s free if you use the food voucher.Free !!!
So who in there right mind is going to go to a Tesco / Asda supermarket or a m&s high street store and pay for the same food you can get for free at the services
Think it’s called having more money than sense !!!

Depends how you interpret the word ‘‘food’’ doze.
I could come back at you saying ‘Who in their right mind’ also, but ending with… ‘‘eats that crap’’.
Still, maybe a step up from pot noodles and Ginsters pies eh mate?

Burger King?.. and all the rest of it?
Thanks, but no thanks, I’d maybe use the coffee if I didn’t already get them free, but ‘‘food’’ is stretching it a bit,.I’ll stick to my imaginary pub meals and home cooked food in my fridge to heat up, but thanks all the same.

robroy:
Thanks, but no thanks, I’d maybe use the coffee if I didn’t already get them free, but ‘‘food’’ is stretching it a bit,.I’ll stick to my imaginary pub meals and home cooked food in my fridge to heat up, but thanks all the same.

The only time I ate in them regularly was back on my first Truck job. I used to carry a shirt and tie with me in cab to make me look convincing as a coach driver. Lots did this and they really stamped down on it in the end. Used to get some funny looks getting out of a Nolan’s lorry in a shirt and tie

I also pretended to be a coach driver to get a free meal and never driven a bus , they would ask me how many passengers?

Tarmaceater:
I also pretended to be a coach driver to get a free meal and never driven a bus , they would ask me how many passengers?

I pretend to be a lorry driver most days.
Got away with it for years now.

Franglais:

Tarmaceater:

I must pay more attention, I thought this was posted by Carryfast.

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Star down under.:

Franglais:

Tarmaceater:

I must pay more attention, I thought this was posted by Carryfast.

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: Boooom