Motorway Matrix Signs - what use?

ajt:
What about when the overhead signs flash up saying ‘‘road closed’’ ?

Do you ignore and carry on towards said closed road or or take a different route to avoid ?

I carry on until I come to the cones or police car. Invariably they are at the last passable point.

OnlyAlan:

philberg182:
When it’s raining I’d like to see the matrix sign say TURN YOUR [zb] FOG LIGHTS OFF YOU [zb] :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Certainly more sense in that than the usual messages.

So along with:
Don’t hog the middle lane,
Use inside lane except when overtaking,
Only use rear foglamps if visibility is less than 100 metres,

What other signs would generally put some of the ‘I have always done it this way’ drivers right?

Stop speeding up when being overtaken :frowning:

A l c:
That does work southbound at j9 you don’t need to northbound just after j9 use the hard shoulder and plod along past all the standing traffic all the way up to the m54 turn and no I don’t push in or slow anything down just move over when it’s convenient and come off at j11 and best part of the day HOME :smiley:

i just wondered when you are on the hard shoulder from junction 9 to 11
do you do much undertaking
do you get slowed down by traffic leaving and joining the motorway at junction 10
and do you stay on the hard shoulder when the sign says
hard shoulder for M54 only

I like Matrix signs:

villa:

A l c:
That does work southbound at j9 you don’t need to northbound just after j9 use the hard shoulder and plod along past all the standing traffic all the way up to the m54 turn and no I don’t push in or slow anything down just move over when it’s convenient and come off at j11 and best part of the day HOME :smiley:

i just wondered when you are on the hard shoulder from junction 9 to 11
do you do much undertaking
do you get slowed down by traffic leaving and joining the motorway at junction 10
and do you stay on the hard shoulder when the sign says
hard shoulder for M54 only

You can keep to your speed in your lane,if you keep coming out then go back in that is undertaking.at junction 10 it’s just another junction and as soon as I see the m54 sign I move over Its crazy to see there are 4 lanes and only a few vehicles use it and hardly any trucks

philberg182:
When it’s raining I’d like to see the matrix sign say TURN YOUR [zb] FOG LIGHTS OFF YOU [zb] :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: