Motorway food

I usually have a burger if Im on an overnight stop on the MSA.I never considered the vegeterian ones though.But yesterday,I had a mcdonalds mc plant and this morning the burger king equivilant.
Very nice,in fact I think nicer than the real burger

Have you tried them?

No, God designed me with sharp, pointy teeth, eyes in the front of my face and the tools to become an apex predator. I eat stuff that eats plants.

Haha,try one first.You dont get that aftertaste like ordinary burgers

I had one of the Vegan sausage rolls from Greggs a while ago because they had nothing else left and I’ve eaten many since,I’m not vegan but for some reason I really like them,the pastry’s better,they don’t make as much mess,I’ve not tried any plant stuff though and I still enjoy cutting though a bloody steak :laughing:

Yorkielad:
I had one of the Vegan sausage rolls from Greggs

Was it only of those surf and Turf sausage rolls?

I’d imagine it’s like comparing a ■■■ doll to a real woman…(or man whichever way you swing.)
Nah not for me.
(Neither vegi burger OR ■■■ doll btw. :smiley: )

In fact any motorway food (maybe with the exception of a Gregg’s bacon sarnie) , ain’t for me tbh. :neutral_face:

The McPlant is nice, for fast food anyway… Nothing wrong with eating veggie, I tend to eat no meat 4-5 days a week, especially at work, tend to eat meat when at home with the family. Variety in your diet is a good thing!

I’m a meat eater til the day I die, so sod vegetarian and vegan crap. No issue with anyone who does either, but I’ll eat meat thank you very much.

I just think all this veganism stuff is a bloody fad, and a look at me thing, and places are trying to be trendy and cater for veganism over the top these days.

Sent from my CPH2173 using Tapatalk

Oh and I did have some plant based kebab meat substitute recently, it was OK I guess, but it certainly did not taste or feel like meat.

It was not horrible but certainly also nothing to shout about either I just don’t see the point at all tbh.

simcor:
I’m a meat eater til the day I die, so sod vegetarian and vegan crap. No issue with anyone who does either, but I’ll eat meat thank you very much.

I just think all this veganism stuff is a bloody fad, and a look at me thing, and places are trying to be trendy and cater for veganism over the top these days.

My wife has been a vegetarian since the age of thirteen she is now 50. She she grew up on a farm and saw what went on in a slaughterhouse and refused to ever eat meat again. I am a massive meat eater however some of the products on the market for vegans/vegetarians today are superb. I now eat meat free 2 nights a week and I no longer have real mince in my bolagnaise/cottage pie etc as I prefer the taste of vegemince as its a less greasy feel.

Unless you use a good butcher, sausages content can be pretty grim, especially on cheapo ones served in cafes/vans. I prefer the Linda McCartney lincolnshire sausages, good texture and taste fine.

I will eat meat sausages, but only high quality ones.

I think its the same with everything, pay for high quality and its better than cheap crap. I buy fillet steak from my farm shop and its lovely. I think the badness of meat eating comes from when its processed, burgers/nuggets/sausages etc.