Motorway cops Tonight bbc one 9pm

pecjam23:
Highway man is the HATO that drives around with a brown paper bag over his head with the eyes and mouth cut out, and holes for his nose. This is because if he is ever identified he will be in very big trouble to the highway agency gestapo for being a member on this web site

It’s a free country, what are they going to do if they catch me? , shave my head, dress me in orange and yellow and make me drive a big 4x4 on the motorway!! :wink: :sunglasses:

I dont care about what the HA will do to me because i dont go on truck forums!!
Or hato forums,or fire forums,or police forums.I would never go on any of them :laughing:
Never,ever.

buck73:
for the record,i embarasingly admit,that at first i didnt take to hato"s,but having a recent insight into their working lives,i am now a changed man.
to be fair,it can only be for the good of the general public at large that hatos are allowed to continue in their proffesions.

SNAP

I had them in the same league as VOSA,

I now respect HATO ,
and withdraw my nasty comments :blush:

VOSA are still a shower of pigs though :smiling_imp:

extrucker:
I dont care about what the HA will do to me because i dont go on truck forums!!
Or hato forums,or fire forums,or police forums.I would never go on any of them :laughing:
Never,ever.

yeah cuz this site is really all about

“who’s knitted what w/e”

“who made what flavour jam w/e”

“who’s got some gossip w/e”

“who’s seen who at the coffee morning w/e”

We all just masquerade as truck drivers… :laughing: :laughing: :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

they have a job to do,be glad they are there,when driving down the m1 one night i sneezed and had a bad nose bleed, i pulled onto hard shoulder put hazards on and sorted myself out,a hato vehicle pulled up asked whats up,he could see the blood and asked if i was ok and that leicester forest services were a few miles down rd,he waited for me to stop bleeding ,i was ok then and thanked him for his concern and i said if nose bleed started again would stop at services,it didnt so i carried on my way,but hato followed me and turned off at services as i carried on,was prob going there anyway,but i was still grateful they stopped for me.so before slagging them off think of this,it could be for a family member of yours who has a bad turn they stop for …or your mrs and kids,they always get there before any breakdown truck…so i think we should cut them some slack.

whoow, whow, whow…before this topic goes pear shaped who’s slagging them off :question: :question:

what i said about the paper joke is a running joke on comments highway man has said in the past ,we get on with them on here like a house on fire and always have.

It did kick off a couple of months back where a few members clearly didnt like HATO’S but far as i am aware most people including me dont and never have had a problem with them :exclamation: :exclamation: :slight_smile: :sunglasses: :stuck_out_tongue:

Sorry but i could just see where this topic was going when it shouldnt be :open_mouth: :smiley: :smiley: :wink: :exclamation: :exclamation:

regarding the show, how can someone blow a positive breath test then get taken to cop shop blow one just below the legal limit and get off with just a thirty quid failure to wear seatbelt ticket? Is it me or is that just madness, let me know if i misheard/saw

garnerlives:
regarding the show, how can someone blow a positive breath test then get taken to cop shop blow one just below the legal limit and get off with just a thirty quid failure to wear seatbelt ticket? Is it me or is that just madness, let me know if i misheard/saw

The limit is 35 micrograms of alcohol per 100 millilitres of breath he blew under that so did not break the law.

The Roadside test is not intended to give a precise measure of a suspects alcohol levels, it is used to indicate whether the level is likely to exceed the prescribed drink drive limit

garnerlives:

Quite easy, if it’s been a while since their last alcoholic drink, the body gets rid of it out of the system. So if the level in the breath is coming down, you can easily blow over at the roadside, it can take a while to reach the police station, depends where you are, the level is still coming down all the time. Once you get on the machine in the station, you blow under, it happens quite regularly :wink:

bubsy06:

garnerlives:

The limit is 35 micrograms of alcohol per 100 millilitres of breath he blew under that so did not break the law.

Tha roadside one is not that accurate - only gives a rough guide as to the level

i didnt say anybody was slagging them off,i said before anybody does.

I’ve just sat and watched this and I’ve got a question…

How come the police can have sat-navs, cameras, and god knows what else in the windscreen, when we can’t have it in a window 3 times size at a third of the speed?

At one point there was a shot of most of the windscreen and it must have been nigh on quarter full with the crap stuck to it

arronls:

How come the police can have sat-navs, cameras, and god knows what else in the windscreen, when we can’t have it in a window 3 times size at a third of the speed?

At one point there was a shot of most of the windscreen and it must have been nigh on quarter full with the crap stuck to it

Police are above the law :laughing: :laughing:

They park on double yellow lines, disabled bays, break the speed limit and dont get done.

bubsy06:

arronls:

Police are above the law :laughing: :laughing:

They park on double yellow lines, disabled bays, break the speed limit and dont get done.

even park on double yellows to pick up a take away!!! yet if we do that for unloading, we get a ticket :exclamation: :exclamation: one rule for one… :confused: :cry: :open_mouth: :exclamation: :exclamation:

Did any one count the number of vehicles parked at the services? Multiply that by at least 15, the answer in pounds sterling should be enough to pay for all night security, dog patrols and possibly a tea lady going round in the morning with a morning call system but what do we get? Zip, nada, nothing , apart from a long walk to the facilties through a possibly unlit park, drains blocked so lakes the size of Windermere and we still carry on. God we’re good!!!

sean vernon:
surprises surprises Stafford services got done there 5year ago. i wont park on there now. :angry: :angry: ( Liverpool scum)

Dye wanna clarify what Liverpool Scum is ?Shud I do it for ye,Gud and Bad in EVERY CITY, Yeh ?

ye vague with ye aspersion unless ye have a problem generally with Scousers ? Bein from Bolton , , ye probably have, mind u, most of the UK has so no change there…Im eager to see ye response…an anybody elses response for that matter…