Motorway accidents

the second motor was double manned as well,but they did have the biggest laptop in the world on the dash, why do they need laptops on the dash,

Traffic Police are needed on the m/ways which is why i think two m/way Police groups have been formed:
North west motorway group: Lancs/Cheshire/■■■■■■■
North East: North Yorks/South Yorks/West Yorks/Humberside
I think i got the forces correct.
This can only be a good thing for roads policing.

extrucker:
Traffic Police are needed on the m/ways which is why i think two m/way Police groups have been formed:

I agree that this could be a top plan extrucker, the only problem would be; what is their remit?
We all know how obsessed this government are with targets, so I fear this’ll be just another paper chasing excercise that’s been thrust upon the old bill. If constable “A” has to prosecute “X” number of motorists to acheive his targets, can you honestly see him taking the time to pull over an errant motorist to attempt to explain his/her bad driving to them?
As we’ve all agreed 'till we’re blue in the face it’s education not prosecution that is required to halt the tide of abysmal driving we all witness daily.
Of course when education fails, then prosecution should follow. (or execution in some cases)

I reckon that the sheer presence of cops on the motorway will stop the more erratic driving.No longer will people dismiss the battenburg on the parking area in the distance as highways.It could also be a copper…

I had a good one the other night (m42 s/b…Wanting to join the M40 and a car started very slowly undertaking me on the hard shoulder at the half mile marker :confused:
Got to the broken withe line for the slip and showd him my indicators and watched for his nose diving , when he nose dived I moved over and blocked his way and ensured that if he wanted to get past me then he should pass on the right and not on the hard shoulder on the left …
Then he flashed his lights erratically as he went past , showed him some coffe beans :laughing:
These people are just brain dead…

As for the taxis then I,am sick to death of them now with their driving around town, I couldn’t do it in the wagon without tapping the mat so why should they.
They are either undertaking and then cutting back in forcing you to brake , tailgating or stopping the flow of traffic trying to que jump and push in further up…Always the same ones , the black pope mobiles.
Googled them earlier and Vosa and the cops have already had words with them all over state of the vehicles and general driving …Seems it hasn’t sunk in …

ROG:

paul@midway:
The one thing is that people are just idiots.
Spent all night on the road with no problems , eye balled the smash on the M40 N/B.
Pull out of work and start driving away, stupid local taxi driver comes bombing around the corner at easily 60-70 mph (30 limit) Tries to overtake me before the T-junction , overcooks it ends up in the wrong lane after nearly rear ending the car in front of me as he attempted to cut in ( If he did the car in front would have been re-arranged).I turn left in the correct lane whilst he has to wait and then he starts with the main beam when he pulls in behind me …
Yep it’s my fault your driving is appalling and you are a complete idiot.
Next time I go to pull out I will call the taxi firm to see if they have any of there drivers on final approach . :laughing:

A perfect example of the taxi having the priorities in the wrong order.

I’ll tell you what the problem is around here is Rog and I don’t care how this is perceived.A vast majority of them are off asian origin off the banana boat and can’t drive for ■■■■.This becomes quickly apparent if you get in one and become a passenger.Last time I was in one nearly had a head on smash because the driver took the corner wrong on a narrow road.Then the next one took everyones right of way off them which caused some serious grief …
It’s terrible…

I’m not turning this thread into a rant and moan thread honestly. :smiley: What happened to me today was unbelievable! I was in the car coming down a hill in the car (40mph limit) I spotted a speed camera van hiddden behind some trees (regular spot). This car behind me is tailgating me and then overtakes me as we pass next to the van! (obviously hadn’t seen the van in bright yellow!)

My point is that this was dangerous driving using aggressive and intimidating behaviour, but the driver will escape with no penalty because they weren’t breaking the speed limit. The camera van operator is only interested in speed and nothing else.

fuse:
why are there so many when they are all going same way and trucks are limited to 56 can not understand it

accidents happen cos its life no one No’s what is going to happen it’s fate no matter what you do to be safe you will always have the human factor you could be the safest driver in the world but that do’s not mean the other’s on the road are

del

paul@midway:
I’ll tell you what the problem is around here is Rog and I don’t care how this is perceived.A vast majority of them are off asian origin off the banana boat and can’t drive for [zb].This becomes quickly apparent if you get in one and become a passenger.Last time I was in one nearly had a head on smash because the driver took the corner wrong on a narrow road.Then the next one took everyones right of way off them which caused some serious grief …
It’s terrible…

ERR… I live in LEICESTER so I might know what you are referring to … :unamused: :unamused:

extrucker:

NWMPG consists of Cheshire, Lancashire and Merseyside. ■■■■■■■ and Greater Manchester wouldn’t commit to the organisation for some reason. At least GMP has a motorway unit, ■■■■■■■ RPU covers all roads and not just dedicated to motorway :unamused:

paul@midway:
The one thing is that people are just idiots.
Spent all night on the road with no problems , eye balled the smash on the M40 N/B.
Pull out of work and start driving away, stupid local taxi driver comes bombing around the corner at easily 60-70 mph (30 limit) Tries to overtake me before the T-junction , overcooks it ends up in the wrong lane after nearly rear ending the car in front of me as he attempted to cut in ( If he did the car in front would have been re-arranged).I turn left in the correct lane whilst he has to wait and then he starts with the main beam when he pulls in behind me …
Yep it’s my fault your driving is appalling and you are a complete idiot.
Next time I go to pull out I will call the taxi firm to see if they have any of there drivers on final approach . :laughing:

I completly agree there, on and off the roads. Worked in a shop for 2 years whilst still at/just left school and the lack of brains of your average joe is shocking…[/u]

The Highway Man:
[ At least GMP has a motorway unit,

Not anymore, been dissolved into the RPU,s :imp:

This is what happened to a friend of mine when he turned a corner, sun shone on the dirty screen and obviously he couldn’t see, so consequently he hit one of them big bell things that they have on the corners of little roads.

Joiner:
This is what happened to a friend of mine when he turned a corner, sun shone on the dirty screen and obviously he couldn’t see, so consequently he hit one of them big bell things that they have on the corners of little roads.

Normally you’d catch me saying things “[zb]… should send his licence back to DVLA… idiots like him should be banned” etc but no, I actually feel sorry for the guy. :open_mouth:

These random bollards and road-narrowing / “traffic calming” :unamused: measures that are cropping up everywhere are actually causing accidents, not preventing them :angry: . I consider myself to be fairly observant but even I’ve found myself having to make some split second manoeuvres to avoid random bits of kerb sticking out 10ft into the road, bollards etc.

I’ve got some business in Hayes in London at the moment and first time I went down last week I nearly wrote off my motor on one of these “traffic calming” measures - a piece of kerb randomly sticking out 10ft into my lane with no warning whatsoever. I don’t know if anyone knows where I mean but it’s on Station Rd just before you go over the railway line at Hayes station. I had the sun in my eyes and could hardly see ■■■■. It doesn’t hope that they paint the road surfaces umpteen different colours either. :angry:

They’ve got the same craic going on in the Asian area behind the Asda in Burnley too. Speed humps, chicanes, bollards, the works. It’s like driving on a stage of the WRC. :unamused:

ROG wrote

V8 Passion wrote:
came up from dover last night and guess what, LHD Volvo LT Plates side swiped a car on the M20 then at the Dartford toll booths a LHD DAF With SK plates totalled a people carrier when will the vosa and the goverment pass a law to keep these dirty low lifes out before they kill even more innocent familes,

I suppose one way to prevent this would be for the UK to drive on the same side as the rest of europe etc

Not necessarily ROG I got off the Norfolk Line Ferry in Dunkerque the other day only to get held up by a Turkish Truck which had cut the corner on a wide roundabout and collected an English car on his nearside, this at the dock exit.
(Incidentally the roundabout is wide enough for 2 trucks to make this turn side by side).

I am sure also that other drivers with European experience will back me up in saying that English trucks never left a trail of destroyed cars in they’re wake . :unamused: :unamused: