motorway 1970

good shots of trucks and vans inc carrols bullnose ■■■■■■ luton, and a cavewood f88/9 left ■■■■■■ around the one minute mark
britishpathe.com/record.php?id=73944

It’s amazing how many British made cars a trucks there are in this. It also seams that White Van Man was around then too,but with a VW Combi.
I also like the old fella on his push bike going hard up the inside lane.

Cracking bit of film but looks a bit later than 1970 imo.
Judging by a few of the reg nos and vehicles looks more like 73/4 ish ?
Spotted one motor ,that is probably best forgotten - the Ford “A series” - did anyone else have the misfortune of driving one of those sacks of cac - fitted with a York diesel ? :unamused:

Did you see the Scammel tipper with…hold your breath…a sheet over the load :open_mouth: I agree the date is somewhat later.

d-series at 2.20 mark got a tir plate on the front,as for the a series i drove one a flat in 1986 wrexham to llangollen with timber couple of times a week, iirc used to have to clean the fuel filter a glass bowl affair then plenty of easy start. :slight_smile:

See, it was all the same back then. Tailgating, switching lanes without indicating and traffic merging without giving way.

Only time you’ll see a VW combi keeping up with traffic flow.

It must be post '77 as there is a MkIV Ford Cortina in it plus a Triumph TR7 and and a Rover SD1. Changed days when you see just how many of the vehicles in this clip were UK built.