Motorhome drivers supporting truckers

about_half_way_down_page

The OP, Don Madge, is a member here also so he may join in soon.
Yes nice to see some understanding and support for the profession but the last poster doesn’t follow through with his thinking:

What a pity it doesn’t cover Great Britain, then at least some British drivers would get a few more weekends with their families instead of companies having their drivers work on Sunday to run down to the Ferry Ports along the south coast.

EEC my backside, when are the British workers going to be treated EQUAL to their European counterparts. We are definately getting crapped on from a great height.

So he would prefer British drivers to drive through the night Sun/Mon after being awake all day getting ‘quality time’ with the families who they may never see again, driving unfit through tiredness. :open_mouth: :smiling_imp:
I’ve done it many times here and was one of the main reasons for taking my retirement early, while I was still alive to enjoy it. :slight_smile:

Spardo:
Yes nice to see some understanding and support for the profession but the last poster doesn’t follow through with his thinking:

What a pity it doesn’t cover Great Britain, then at least some British drivers would get a few more weekends with their families instead of companies having their drivers work on Sunday to run down to the Ferry Ports along the south coast.

EEC my backside, when are the British workers going to be treated EQUAL to their European counterparts. We are definately getting crapped on from a great height.

So he would prefer British drivers to drive through the night Sun/Mon after being awake all day getting ‘quality time’ with the families who they may never see again, driving unfit through tiredness. :open_mouth: :smiling_imp:
I’ve done it many times here and was one of the main reasons for taking my retirement early, while I was still alive to enjoy it. :slight_smile:

That is the problem, If a Belgian is going to kill himself or anyone else it was normally on a Sunday night or Monday morning after a weekend at home and then trying to get to an 8am delivery in Spain or Italy

Spardo:

:slight_smile:

David,

The majority of motorhomers have no idea what it entails to drive a truck. Most of them have progressed from a car to motorhome and employ the same technique, they don’t drive it they aim it. A few are even driving illegally, they have a 9/10 ton American motorhome and they are driving it on a license that restricts them to 7.5 tons. :open_mouth:

I know a couple of motorhomers who tow a car on a trailer which the cannot through inexperience reverse. They have to unload the car, unhook the trailer and then turn around unless there is somebody on hand to do it for them. I’d hate to think what would happen in an emergency. :open_mouth:

The Monte Blanc tunnel have stopped motorhomers towing a car in the tunnel on an A Frame, a very wise move. :smiley:

i started off as a driver in the Royal Air Force in 1952 and today I’m never happier than when I’m behind the wheel.

I’ve spent my winters along the med coast of Turkey on and off since 2002 and I’m off again in December god willing. The day I have to give up driving will be a “topping job” I just can’t imagine what it would be like. :frowning:

Don