Motorcyclist killed in East London

Lorry driver arrested. Wot a surprise

topmixer11:

Yea but, was it a Tipper Driver ?

I have seen how some tipper drivers operate in London.
I do not blame anti lorry Nimbies, they have a point.
They drive like they are on crack or amphetamines.
Get out of my way , I am coming through.

toby1234abc:
I have seen how some tipper drivers operate in London.
I do not blame anti lorry Nimbies, they have a point.
They drive like they are on crack or amphetamines.
Get out of my way , I am coming through.

Agree.

Two speeds for tipper drivers, flat out or reverse gear on the building site.
I have never seen one that adhered to the speed limit.
They give the good guys a bad name.If a job is that bad that deliveries are driven like a fire engine on a shout, I would quit that job.Or buy a blue flashing light for the truck and a siren.
Kangaroo bars to push cars out of the way.

topmixer11:

Whenever there is a fatality the driver of the other vehicle is always arrested. You can put your pitch fork away. :wink:

I worked for Brett Aggregates out of Staines driving tippers for a few weeks. When the trucks are loaded (and they are always fully loaded or empty) they have difficulty getting up to full speed. They’re tracked and people have been sacked for persistent speeding. But I’ve seen tippers being driven round by inconsiderate jerks as well, including an Aaron Grab Hire truck at Hampton Court just before 7 this morning. Souped up thing it was, complete with blue lights in a V-shape on the front.

Looked a lot like this:

aarongrabhire.co.uk/images/aaronvan1.jpg

IndigoJo:
I worked for Brett Aggregates out of Staines driving tippers for a few weeks. When the trucks are loaded (and they are always fully loaded or empty) they have difficulty getting up to full speed. They’re tracked and people have been sacked for persistent speeding. But I’ve seen tippers being driven round by inconsiderate jerks as well, including an Aaron Grab Hire truck at Hampton Court just before 7 this morning. Souped up thing it was, complete with blue lights in a V-shape on the front.

Looked a lot like this:

aarongrabhire.co.uk/images/aaronvan1.jpg

I don’t get why a grab wagon needs all that crap-It’s a tipper with an onboard digger. You don’t see JCBs pimped up (except that HE Services record breaker).
The tippers I see driven by loonies tend to be covered in flashy tat. Your bog standard rough 'round the edges tipper or mixer seems to have a more relaxed driver.

Conor:

topmixer11:

Whenever there is a fatality the driver of the other vehicle is always arrested. You can put your pitch fork away. :wink:

You sure on that?

The driver being arrested isreally a formality,it does not imply guilt.I drove tippers but at normal speeds,if anyone had to get past I let them go paid by the hour me.