Motor transport awards

I see this “awards” dinner is been held tonight,I wonder which large faceless corporate company who don’t care about there drivers wins “haulier of the year”…
Who actually decides this??
I once worked for a previous winner and if they were the best haulier then I’d hate to see the worst…

yorkshire terrier:
I see this “awards” dinner is been held tonight,I wonder which large faceless corporate company who don’t care about there drivers wins “haulier of the year”…
I once worked for a previous winner and if they were the best haulier then I’d hate to see the worst…

Who gives a Zb !
It’s all old boys club thing any way

My money is on someone like culina

blue estate:

yorkshire terrier:

Who gives a Zb !

Just don’t understand how a firm can be giving the title of best haulier when most hauliers are not even at the event :confused:

CJ Pryor won tipper haulier of the year and went pop soon after.

OVLOV JAY:

They won something similar about 3 years ago, actually I think it was chilled operator of year.

yorkshire terrier:

blue estate:

yorkshire terrier:

Who gives a Zb !

Just don’t understand how a firm can be giving the title of best haulier when most hauliers are not even at the event :confused:

Because as I said it’s a corporate old boys thing ,
Most small and medium sized not corporate hauliers wouldn’t been seen dead in the same room as these Zb leaches
I know my boss by name and face , how many of those companies could a worker pick their boss out in a line up ?

bald bloke:

OVLOV JAY:

They won something similar about 3 years ago, actually I think it was chilled operator of year.

They’ve pretty much swallowed great bear now, that’s why I thought they might get it. MT love that sort of stuff

You have to laugh at some of it though,bibbys in the contenders for livery of the year :smiley: :smiley:
So put some stickers on a plain white unit with a corporate buzz slogan on it and it could win an award :open_mouth:
Meanwhile the firms that spend a fortune painting up a smart fleet don’t get recognised by this joke ceremony

Being hosted by industry expert John Bishop

Last we hear of him then

blue estate:

yorkshire terrier:

blue estate:

yorkshire terrier:

Who gives a Zb !

Because as I said it’s a corporate old boys thing ,
Most small and medium sized not corporate hauliers wouldn’t been seen dead in the same room as these Zb leaches
I know my boss by name and face , how many of those companies could a worker pick their boss out in a line up ?

This, exactly. My bosses (theyre brothers) know me and I know them by name face etc, I’ve called in at 2am Monday morning with flat batteries and it’s the boss, the dude with his name painted on all the wagons that comes out to unlock the workshop for me. I have problems with how I’m being run, I’ve got their direct personal phone numbers. And yes dave (the boss) did then ring me at 2300 asking if I’d change to an earlier start a couple weeks later but hey, turn n about its fair play:)

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Darkside:
Being hosted by industry expert John Bishop

Last we hear of him then

Who?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The ‘Industry Oscars’, they call it…

That in itself would be enough for me not to attend.

They do come up with some crap don’t they…

I hope that Corporate Solutions Logistics wins it, purely for how their name neatly summarises everything that’s wrong with transport (and plenty of other industries too!)

slowlane:
I hope that Corporate Solutions Logistics wins it, purely for how their name neatly summarises everything that’s wrong with transport (and plenty of other industries too!)

That name is hilarious. Like it was designed to be as bland as humanly possible.

I’m told Bertie was offered a lifetime achievement award but turned it down :wink:

Pretty sure Abbey Logistics will be up for some award or another

THE WINNERS

Safety in Operation Award - Palletline
Innovation Award - DPD UK
Fleet Truck of the Year - Volvo FH
Temperature Controlled Operator of the Year - McCulla Ireland
Low Carbon Award - John Lewis Partnership
Training Award - Samworth Brothers Supply Chain
Fleet Van Operator of the Year - Speedy Services
Home Delivery Operator of the Year - DPD UK
Team of the Year = Pall-ex
Haulier of the Year - Wincanton
Operational and Compliance Excellence Award - Hermes
Livery of the Year -Topps Tiles
Technical Excellence Award - Tesco Distribution
Fleet Van of the Year - Fiat Ducato
Customer Care Award - DPD UK
Best Use of Technology Award - Driver Exchange/Saint Gobain
Business Excellence Award - Expect Distribution
Apprenticeship of the Year - CEMEX
Partnership Award Steve Porter/ Meachers /Red Funnell
Service to Industry - Ray Ashworth

DPD UK will be happy then, also the haulier of the year was a sponsor :wink:

switchlogic:

slowlane:

That name is hilarious. Like it was designed to be as bland as humanly possible.

I’m told Bertie was offered a lifetime achievement award but turned it down :wink:

I passed one of them the other week and actually said FFS to myself :smiley:
I noticed non of the winners had transport or haulage in there names