Moto servs Severn view

Just popped in there for a quick shower only to be told that if I haven’t paid to park or bought something in the shop over a fiver or 10 pounds worth of fuel there is now a charge of 3 quid!!! :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

WTF!! Since when??

at least 12 months ago , some moto sites charge some dont , just another swindle to get u to part with even more of yer hard earnt

it is a joke. If you spend all week on the road surely a shower should be free for HGV drivers

I didn’t even know Seven View was still open.

Looked almost abandoned last time I was there.

charge for showers nowt new have a butchers at these and theres not a lot of options any where else can anybody guess where

The original services, from when that was the only crossing, are now a call centre. The service that are there now are NOT on camera.

So what is the problem, in europe there is a charge for taking a shower, and you leave your keys in exchange for a shower key, who do you think has to pay for cleaning them out after, so stop whingeing and pay, or have the facilities taken away.

truckyboy:
So what is the problem, in europe there is a charge for taking a shower, and you leave your keys in exchange for a shower key, who do you think has to pay for cleaning them out after, so stop whingeing and pay, or have the facilities taken away.

That shower look clean to you Bob?

Not really, but i`ve had showers in Rumo with cobwebs, spiders, and stood on a pallet, but better than nowt. What i was really on about was the fact the poster was having to pay, and i wanted to emphasise the fact that if you want a shower, you have to pay, nothing is free in this world. I do agree that to pay for a dirty cubicle is not on, and if they want to charge then, they have to be up to a standard, so anyway, did i make my point ? :laughing:

DrivingMissDaisy:

truckyboy:

That shower look clean to you Bob?

Probably a lot cleaner than inside some cabs.

Do you think people should drive trucks for free, should Scania etc give trucks away for free etc, It’s a market/capitalist economy get used to paying for what you use unless you expect someone else to pay for it for you :question:

I get upset I have to pay for fuel and traun fares, get used to it.

speedyguy:
Do you think people should drive trucks for free, should Scania etc give trucks away for free etc, It’s a market/capitalist economy get used to paying for what you use unless you expect someone else to pay for it for you :question:

The problem with applying that logic to MSA’s , is that MSA’s are supposed to offer these services free to the travelling public .

Mike-C:

speedyguy:

The problem with applying that logic to MSA’s , is that MSA’s are supposed to offer these services free to the travelling public .

+1

I never used to mind paying if the facilities were clean,but iv been to many “free” showers and iv looked at the state of them and gone back to the cab,how some folk can use them is unreal.
I remember getting a shower somewhere in Belgium and you give your keys in at the till and they gave your the shower head to clip on the pipes and you got your keys back upon its return…
To me jct 29 truck stop you pay £1.20 and to me that is good value and is allways hot and clean.

I don’t mind paying to use a tidy shower. I consider anything up to £2, £2.50 at a real stretch to be reasonable, depending on the shower. £3 for the showers I’ve seen at moto services is a joke! With the exception of Kendal-in-Burton, the water pressure is negligible, they’re not cleaned often enough and the drains stink. After parking over night at Trowell a few months back, I went for my “complimentary shower” only to find the smell intolerable! Just as a point for reference, I used to work, quite happily, with clinical waste. Since then, smells rarely offend me, the showers at Trowell did!

I’ve been using the showers in there for years and they have always been free,why start charging now? It’s another rip off the same as paying to stay there overnight.
And 3 quid that’s a bit extreme I will and have used the hideaway in Chippenham as it’s only 2 quid in there and they are spotless.
I didn’t use it today as it was shut and looked like A W Jenkinson’s had taken over the parking area in there.

The Hideaway at Chippenham is now an Operating centre for Jenkinsons for their O Licence.
The O Licence is in Eddie Stobart’ s name.

Thetaff2:
Just popped in there for a quick shower only to be told that if I haven’t paid to park or bought something in the shop over a fiver or 10 pounds worth of fuel there is now a charge of 3 quid!!! :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

WTF!! Since when??

Exeter is the same !

Drove in there the other day,saw stuff to make your toes curl. reported the dirty, disgusting ■■■■■■ :imp:

Thetaff2:

WTF!! Since when??

so we’ll all line up outside your house for a free shower shall we then :unamused:

nick2008:

Thetaff2:

WTF!! Since when??

so we’ll all line up outside your house for a free shower shall we then :unamused:

My thoughts exactly.

It makes me laugh, people park in layby’s to “Stick it up em”, then expect to use a shower at the services for free?

If you want a shower, pay the £3 or even better, spend another £2, get a coffee and a magazine and the shower is free. Yet another time that I remind you the “Night out money” is not wages, it is to cover your EXPENSES while away from home.

I can’t imagine any truck stop letting you park outside on an industrial estate then roll in at 6am for a shower.

The MSA’s are businesses, they do provide toilets free, which is better than europe. Most services across europe charge 50c for using the toilets. Are they still doing the coupons? I saved them up and got a meal on my way back with all the 50c vouchers :smiley: