MOTO Services.

There’s an app for the I phone called “moto deals” you then show them the code for the deal of the day on your phone and you can get anything upto 40% off the food,coffees etc…

Bargain!!! :smiley:

A phone call has been made to Moto head office and they are dealing with the problem that our friend had when she was not allowed to have a shower. It will get sorted, I am sure.

Pimpdaddy:

limeyphil:
it’s illegal.
a quick email to moto will sort this. the manager probably dosn’t know the rules. moto hq will take it seriously, they know they can lose the sight for not obeying the rules.

No disrespect here but what planet are you living on when you think organisations such as these give a monkeys about rules, you or anyone else? They are a business, there to capitalise on anything they can, if people aren’t happy about it then I’d start looking elsewhere, I think they’ll soon get the message…!

this subject has come up in the past. i emailed the HQ with a statement of events, and a copy of the legislation, i then followed it up with a phone call a few days later. and they certainly knew how serious it was.
they only operate on licence, they don’t own the land, and when they have spent millions on new buildings and signed big money concession contracts with burger king/kfc/mcdonalds/costa coffee. the last thing they want is to lose their licence for breaking the rules.

Sorry I didn’t know that, I thought they owned everything seeing that they are big companies so they can do whatever they like…!?

germany is a pain to get parked after 3pm, but if you can get into an autohof you’ll see our services, and truckstops in a much worse light than they are now.
there’s usually a lot of germans in them, but you can’t have everything.

Why do we have this problem in the uk? in the eu an attendant charges a small charge wether you use the toilet wc or shower,in return these facilities are kept clean,maybe the uk wouldant make enough money using this system eh.
regards dave.

Whilst I agree, and have fought the corner in the past over lack of showers, we are our own worst enemies. I had queued like a good boy, handed in the keys, got a shower key only to find the door locked. Opened it up, bag inside with gear in, closely followed by the owner who wanted to know what I was up to! Manager on site pointed out the routine, which is printed and stuck on the door. Driver then loses the plot,said he found the door open, wasn’t his fault, rants and raves, foul language, the lot.
What chance do we stand when prats like this get us all tarred with the same brush.

Having spoken to head office at Moto, they have confirmed that they no longer offer shower facilities at Wetherby Services to truck drivers unless they pay for overnight parking. They say that they are too busy to have people queueing up to use the showers and for them to be cleaned. This is a disgusting situation and totally unacceptable and we should all write in protest to Moto. Many drivers are not able to park at services due to time schedule or wherever they have to deliver. Therefore they are willing to pay a couple of quid to take a shower when it suits them, maybe during a 45min break. Moto overnight parking is £18.50 so if you park 4 nights a week you would have to loan your company £74 which you would probably have to wait till the next pay day to get re-embursed. How many drivers can afford to do this. Look in any lay-by and you will see the answer.

you know what?
they can get away with it. it’s not an MSA. you come off at the junction to get into wetherby, not off a purpose built MSA sliproad.
when it comes to loopholes they don’t miss a trick.

I think you’re right.

I think somewhere like Chieveley would be the same.

i’ve just sent them an email for them to delete.

“your treatment of hgv drivers has once again taken a nosedive. as i’m sure you’re aware motorway service areas have a duty to supply showers for hgv drivers. but you have used a loophole at wetherby services due to it not having a purpose built motorway slip road. you can refuse showers to drivers unless they pay for overnight parking. this is underhanded. for many years you’ve had loyal custom from the truck drivers, and now you don’t want to know, unless of course they are willing to part with an extortionate fee.
lorry drivers are a loyal bunch, they eat at certain places, they fuel up at certain places, they meet up with colleagues at certain places. and with news of your attitude circulating the internet.i can see wetherby services becoming just another place to drive past. they’ll go somewhere else.”

B******s!!!

xfmatt:
B******s!!!

which bit? :laughing:

as long as the lorry park is full to bursting all day long which it is the wont give a ■■■■ where you park or shower

limeyphil:
you know what?
they can get away with it. it’s not an MSA. you come off at the junction to get into wetherby, not off a purpose built MSA sliproad.

phil, you talk out of your ■■■■■■ at times, what a load of cack.

wetherby is a motoway service area. because it has got the “services” sign on the a1

which means they are regulated by dot/mot

Just because they are regulated by tho dot/mot doesn’t mean they gave to give a ■■■■ about anyone…

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_mo … ed_Kingdom

Maybe someone should check out this list of MSA’s.

greggy:

limeyphil:
you know what?

phil, you talk out of your ■■■■■■ at times, what a load of cack.

wetherby is a motoway service area. because it has got the “services” sign on the a1

which means they are regulated by dot/mot

No, he’s not, on Moto’s website Wetherby has a green logo next to it classifying it as an A-road services. Another one classified the same is Pease Pottage even though the bulk of the traffic stopping will have come off the motorway.

Chieveley does look like it is an MSA so don’t know if slip-road access is the deciding factor then.

I too originally assumed Wetherby is officially an MSA but it isn’t.

Wetherby is officially a Motorway service area.

Mike-C:
Wetherby is officially a Motorway service area.

They’re not listing showers as a service at all there presently:

moto-way.com/location/wetherby

I was just going by what Moto’s own mobile app has it as.