Mothertruckers

Anyone watching Mothertruckers on Channel 4 ? not bad I am enjoying, well done gals

regards Big Al

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=81041

I was embarrassed for some of those girls on there

Whilst I thought the program on the whole was fairly entertaining I do have a few points:

I have taken my son with me in a truck for years but there were certain places that would not allow a child on site Fawley Refinery near us for one! I am certain that due to H&S this will become more prevalent! So that woman who took her son would not be that versatile as a driver!

What was that girl doing with bales of hay on her trailer? I thought it was a legal reqirement for all trucks to have clearly displayed in the cab the height of the vehicle and load! . So why did she not know the height of her vehicle? Not very proffesional was it? As the canopy would have been clearly marked! Also that load did not seem, to me anyway, that well secured!

It did tickle me that apparently the best driver turned out to have previously been a man!!!

Oh and that poor ugly ballet dancer did not appear to have a clue!!!

Regards Pat

ainacs:
Whilst I thought the program on the whole was fairly entertaining I do have a few points:

I have taken my son with me in a truck for years but there were certain places that would not allow a child on site Fawley Refinery near us for one! I am certain that due to H&S this will become more prevalent! So that woman who took her son would not be that versatile as a driver!

What was that girl doing with bales of hay on her trailer? I thought it was a legal reqirement for all trucks to have clearly displayed in the cab the height of the vehicle and load! . So why did she not know the height of her vehicle? Not very proffesional was it? As the canopy would have been clearly marked! Also that load did not seem, to me anyway, that well secured!

It did tickle me that apparently the best driver turned out to have previously been a man!!!

Oh and that poor ugly ballet dancer did not appear to have a clue!!!

Regards Pat

Fast Eddie will set her on

As if ‘eddies trucks n trailers’ didnt make my a**e itch enough, along comes another programme that really does grip my toothpaste!!! :angry: :angry: :angry:

Is it me, or are the only programmes about lorries these days documentaries that seem to take the p**s out of the industry!

For the life of me I cant remember the title of the series, but I recall a series back in the 80s about a haulage firm called PICKARDS. This wasnt a watered down documentary trying to get some value from soemone drawing their friggin cab curtains. It was a hard hitting drama that depicted a week in a haulage yard through excellent acting…anybody remember it?

hilltop4:
As if ‘eddies trucks n trailers’ didnt make my a**e itch enough, along comes another programme that really does grip my toothpaste!!! :angry: :angry: :angry:

Is it me, or are the only programmes about lorries these days documentaries that seem to take the p**s out of the industry!

For the life of me I cant remember the title of the series, but I recall a series back in the 80s about a haulage firm called PICKARDS. This wasnt a watered down documentary trying to get some value from soemone drawing their friggin cab curtains. It was a hard hitting drama that depicted a week in a haulage yard through excellent acting…anybody remember it?

Truckers ■■?

hilltop4:

hi,
i have got truckers,the whole series on dvd.it’s not all that good,in my opinion though.i only watch it because it’s 25 years old and you see some now classic motors.
regards andrew.

pete 359:

hilltop4:

hi,
i have got truckers,the whole series on dvd.it’s not all that good,in my opinion though.i only watch it because it’s 25 years old and you see some now classic motors.
regards andrew.

And your “street cred” has just plummeted Andrew !!! Cheers Dennis.

Bon Nuit mes amis, got to go to bed, but seeing this reminded me , back in the early 70s, as a" young lad", at a midland Volvo Dealers, we used to do maintenance for Fransen Tpt, (no, not Henk Buznic, in the days of Pinapple Place Hereford, and Nick Nicolls). Regularly, at weekends we would get a young Dutch girl, with an F89 drawbar, (3axle "Quasi-modo spec trailer). This young lady used to reverse the outfit around the yard, and its roadways better than most could manage in an artic!! Its not the ■■■, its the ability!! Cheerio for now.

Waddy .HI Andrew u say that u have all the dvd s of Truckers on one of the intro s on the M62 u will see a SED/ATKI pulling a single axle HOTPOINT trailor,that was one of ours .chears Barry Wad

I have met a few female tuckers and they seemed normal enough to me, and capable of doing what is nowadays a pretty easy job.
I remember how my left leg used to ache declutching a Scammell through heavily congested areas and the power steering on an Albion■■?

The Mothertrucker of them all, Pat Pringle pictured here loaded with a 45 ton Caterpillar sideboom. Pat would load anything and deliver anywhere she hauled heavy loads around when I worked on pipelines. Pat is still trucking the other day I took the picture of a Stan Robinson Foden on the M6 near Junction 32 southbound, speaking to Pat later I discovered she was driving the Foden.

regards Big Al

Didnt see this program & from what I here & read it was poss a good job

Have heard through the grapevine tat there is to be a series done :unamused: :unamused: oh dear