MOT due on new truck

My truck is 1 yr old on 1st of may, am I right in thinking that I can mot it any when in may, or do I need to do it before the first ?

The annual examination for vehicles must take place in the month of each anniversary of the first registration.

Is what is says in my book here so that would suggest any time in May.

Indeed it is anytime in May

Unlike a car, a lorry’s MOT test runs out on the last day of the month, regardless of which day of the month it was tested or in this case first registered.
The same goes for trailers.
Regards,
Nick

Bert34:
My truck is 1 yr old on 1st of may, am I right in thinking that I can mot it any when in may, or do I need to do it before the first ?

Everyone’s right about expiry end of May, but think ahead a bit to when your warranty or R&M expires - you will want to get it tested while someone else is paying the bill, which is usually before the anniversary of it’s date of registration :smiley:

You can get the MOT carried out up to two months before the old one expires and still keep the anniversary date so next year the OP could get it done any time in April or May 2013 and it would still be valid until 31st May 2014.

ncooper:
Unlike a car, a lorry’s mot test runs out on the last day of the month, regardless of which day of the month it was tested or in this case first registered.
The same goes for trailers.
Regards,
Nick

Thanks for the info. Wasn’t aware of that, thought it was the date of the last mot test