Most valuable load?

I’ll tell you even better than that, the guy’s in the traffic office didn’t have a clue what was in the trailer, when I told them how much it was possibly worth they where all looking for a box of “Pampers”!!! :laughing:

I once had a load when i worked on FED EX, I collected it from Crick for to go on a ferry in Portsmouth next day. I was told to stick to an exact route and phone if there was the slightest problem, the trailer was sealed and so was the paperwork, I had no idea what was inside, I had a blow out on the M3 and the police came out and sat by the truck till the tyre was changed. I arrived at FED EX Southampton to be parked inside all night and next day to go on to the docks. After dropping the trailer at the dock (again supervised by the law) I was told the trailer contained 20 ton of Channel No5 concentrate, value 17 million.

Not as much as your load but very tempting.

big truck,
i used to move a lot of stuff for martin baker and that new ejector seat is the most advanced in the world to date and is probably worth that 40 million.
in my raf days ive hauled a few aero engines and bombs around but i think the most valuable load i ever hauled was a purpose built mobile radar. i took it up to the shetlands for permanant installation. the trailer with the radar bolted to it and the scammel tractor all weighed in at 70 ton. and supposidly cost 30 million.

I was once asked to take a human heart from Newcastle to Edinburgh and often pick up emergancy hospital operating theatre equipment

what price a human life■■?

Think I have this one… on price (although it is a cheat)

we moved the top module for the BP Andrew oil rig from the quayside at Methil onto the barge…Over £150,000,000 weighing close to 10,000 tonne

Howver I think that Keelman gets the winning load… taking the chance of life is priceless

I’ve done several loads from Crawley to the Eurofighter headquaters in Manching, near Ingolstadt Germany. These loads were all flight simulator parts and the value was astronomical, CMR Insurance wouldn’t have made even a tiny dent in it. :open_mouth: :smiley:

An insurance assesor was on site to watch the loading and then he flew out to Germany to watch the unloading as well, he was one very, very nervous man. On one occasion, while unloading, I was coiling a ratchet strap up and dropped it on the floor by mistake, I swear he jumped six feet in the air at the noise and I think he was pleased he had chosen to wear the brown trousers that day :open_mouth: :laughing:

I used to do a run from London to Naples ~Italy with duty free for the airport avarage value 3-6 mill sterling ■■■■ and booze ,and yes i never sleeped very we ll on the way down .prrrrrrrrrrrrrp…

My early working life involved a job working in a cash centre for a well known bank and through some contacts I made while I was there I ended up working for Brinks driving their artics.

Nuff said.

Brgds

Speedy

I used to drive for that famous bunch of cattle hearders from Ipswich on the dixons Mastercare contract we were never ever told what was in the back they all have t.i.r. cords and seals on them, i got one to London one night and when i opened ther back it had 36 pallets of laptop computers on it said to be worth £4 million.

Sometimes its best not to know whats in the back , i also heard a story of when phonecards were the big thing there was a load came in from ireland with a police ■■■■■■ back to Newark because of the value and nature of the load true or not i dont know but i dont think i could drive with blue flashging lights in my face its bad enough the idiots that have them in their windscreens!!!.

I once drove a white curtainsider with a tail lift that had a steel box with coded lock fitted inside & a false rental name & phone number on cab side.
It broke down & they sent out a nice man with a very big dog to keep me company & keep those nasty policemen with guns in thier car. I never asked what was in the back, presuming I would not be told, given its destination, which I did know.

When I was going dock trailers we regulary used to collect full tilt loads of computers for outbound shipment - I never asked the value but did not stop enroute

what price human life

I dont know but maybe we should ask george best?
:imp:

The Royal Armoury at York loaned a trailer full of equipment to the Kremlin in Moscow, and I took it there under very heavy armed guard. It included Henry the Eighth`s suit of armour, the oldest firearm in the world and various other antiquities. It was worth so much that it was priceless.

Vince