Most reliable truck

Alot favour volvo for reliability but they are a little thirsty.

Mercedes for me, we have a 04 plate mega space that’s never had a spanner on the engine or had a door card off yet. Yes it’s had it’s faults but it’s never been on the back of a wrecker and it’s just done 1.2 million kilometres and still going strong.

Most reliable trucks were 113-360 4X2 Scania’s from Scatruck in April 1995 at a cost of 52500 each, less
p/ex of 10,000 each on some Pegaso Troners, which were not really that bad !!

I sold the scania’s 9 years later, but wished I had kept them, I had them converted by Brain McKellar with
Hightop roofs and this really make the living space so much better.

But, one of the best trucks we had for cab comfort was the 3300/3600 DAF Superspace Cabs and
MAN lhd 463 Roadhaus Cabs.

Real trucks with real drivers !!!

JJSL:
Most reliable trucks were 113-360 4X2 Scania’s from Scatruck in April 1995 at a cost of 52500 each, less
p/ex of 10,000 each on some Pegaso Troners, which were not really that bad !!

I sold the scania’s 9 years later, but wished I had kept them, I had them converted by Brain McKellar with
Hightop roofs and this really make the living space so much better.

But, one of the best trucks we had for cab comfort was the 3300/3600 DAF Superspace Cabs and
MAN lhd 463 Roadhaus Cabs.

Real trucks with real drivers !!!

Do you have any pics of the converted Scanias or the Dafs? The 3300 / 3600 space cabs are one of the best ever made. :wink:

Hi bullitt,

I’m sorry I don’t, the ex done some nasty things with them in the back garden haha !!!

Ashes to Ashes .

Rgs

JJSL

Just thinking, when you mentioned the left ■■■■■■ 143s with the roof conversion, then your user name, are you anything to do with what was Jannerite Services back in the 80s and 90`s?

the kaiser:

lee mat:
if that list is right with the man what do you replace it with ?

I went to the local MAN dealer & looked at the new TGA XXL, I got in my car, went round the corner and bought a DAF XF 105 530 SSC. During its time with me this truck had a new head (warranted), new fly wheel ring gear, clutch, cab mounts, starter motor & a handful of relays. It was a good truck but not quite up to what I’d been used to, that has now gone and been replaced by an XF 105 510 SSC which so far is doing O.K.
I could never understand the MAN decision to improve on the F2000 range by offering a significantly inferior product, however judging by the amount of MAN trucks around compared to 1999 it looks like they new what they were doing, although I doubt I’ll buy another one. I assume their objective was to sell lots more lower quality vehicles and increase market share & I think the same argument could be levelled at Scania with the replacement for the 3 series, another example of a fantastic truck being replaced by a pretty poor effort.

actually, if it was the 530, it would have been the XF95, the XF105 is, and has always been, a 510 :wink:

The ones you could fix with a hammer.

Esteppe roof conversions.Holland.My 142 had one.