Most memorable weekends

Here is a chance for you all to recall you’re favourite, most insane weekends out. I’ve had some corkers and when I have a short while ill be sharing those experiences…especially if anyone was down at simba/upstairs when on the infamous tile run or just on the lash in zeeby or getting thrown in a cell in Munich, lets have some tales to show the funny side of this job, one of the main reasons we do it…the last of the cowboys…

This is a true yarn, i saw a Russian artic parked on the beach front near Porto, no driver around, i was walking past the GNR Police station, the driver was locked up for his own safety and was drunk as a skunk, he was not charged,just left in the cell to cool off.
The thing is, where the truck was, you could hardly get a transit van down the narrow and old twisty lanes and streets to access the beach, but this guy did in a artic, how he got out i do not know, so i guess he had a good weekend, maybe got bored of waiting 2 or more weeks for a reload home.
The driver was singing his head off in the cells.

Went up a mountain in Switzerland on a cable car with my boy when he was about 8 or 9 when we were weekended in the services, had Sunday lunch in the restaurant at the summit.

Harry Monk:
Went up a mountain in Switzerland on a cable car with my boy when he was about 8 or 9 when we were weekended in the services, had Sunday lunch in the restaurant at the summit.

Was that the revolving restaurant as seen in the James Bond film Harry ? If so I’ve been there.

One particularly memorable weekend I had was spent at Creccy Le Bataile.

I was working for Andrew Wishart & Sons at the time.
I’d started a week of local work on the Sunday, then got a phone call on Wednesday evening, asking if I’d mind doing a quick Euro Trip. No problem was my reply, but remember I started Sunday so I’ll have to park up on Friday night. That’ll be fine, they said, and told me to load in Dundee. I had to ship out on the Superfast from Rosyth to Zeebrugge, 1st drop near Eindoven and the rest for Cean.
I was running out of time near Creccy so decided that it would be a good opportunity to check out the site of the battle. Purely by luck this was the weekend of the Joan of Arc memorial celebrations. I spent Saturday wandering round looking in the museum, checking out the site of the battle, eating and drinking, as you do and chatting with the locals in terrible French :slight_smile: I was invited to join in the march which was a little bit of a surprise, because our ancestors killed Joan of Arc by burning her at the stake, which can’t be a nice way to go.
Well that evening around the appointed time, the town band started off and everyone tagged on behind. We marched round the town and finished up at the sports field. There was a BBQ going, a wine tent, a big marquee with benches and tables and a disco going.
There was also a huge bonfire with a Joan of Arc figure on it, rather like Guy Falkes night only much warmer :smiley:
Sunday was a rather subdued and quiet recovery day :laughing:

Once had a cracking long weekend in some God forsaken services in Italy from the Friday evening until lunchtime Monday. Never been so bored and ■■■■■■ off ever, was made even worse to be later told that at the next exit there was a truck park with entertainment, bar, showers etc etc (and local girls to teach you the Italian way) and this was where the Brit drivers stopped. Oh bugger :frowning:

Had an Easter weekend at Aosta, up the mountain on the cable car, the sun was out, lots of snow, sat in the cafe watching the world go by.

Watch out for the ladyboys at aosta!! Lol I always make it to carisio if poss, usually a few Neil and browns or yeardleys in there and sometimes some of us…

Drop the trailer at Alverca TIR park, did not clear in time on Friday, did i do that on purpose, oh dear, time to have a weekend on the beach at Estoril or Cascais around Lisbon, Portugal.
Used to be a bit cheeky and park unit/trailer behind the goods in yard at Cascais shopping mall, see about 7 new films in the cinema, all in English with Porky sub titles.
Cycle to Praia de Guncho, the wind surfers beach, feast on grillled or roasted sardines, have a free shower in the camp site, cheeky too.
Same for Porto, head for a beach.
Had many weekends at Freds at Coslada, the original Freds was a dust bowl for parking in a residential area, lots of fights between rivaling countries after too much beer or wine.
I must have been the only driver to get the bus or train to sight see around Madrid centre, once biked it via rural roads then it got a bit unsafe in the busy parts.

W/e fairly reg in aalst belgium usually a few of use good little town always well ■■■■■■

nedbro:
W/e fairly reg in aalst belgium usually a few of use good little town always well ■■■■■■

Sounds like you could be there now!! :stuck_out_tongue:

No last week think im still feeling effects

Aalst has a cracking town square, bars all around it, old fashioned cobbled square with old churches towering above you, everyone sat outside in good weather…had my share of skinfuls there…