Most heinous crime ever?

thenorthernecho.co.uk/news/ … InW_t8vRhQ

My take in this , drivers have been brainwashed into fearing dvsa and the consequences of breaking the laws. Why the hell would you lie about going less than 20 minutes over your drive time ?

Nite Owl:
Lorry driver from Hull fell foul of tachograph time limits when checked at County Durham test station | The Northern Echo

My take in this , drivers have been brainwashed into fearing dvsa and the consequences of breaking the laws. Why the hell would you lie about going less than 20 minutes over your drive time ?

Think of those poor kittens

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I knew a bloke like this. Used to carry his partner’s digicard with him (she had a Class 1 licence) and he would use it to drive for less than 30 minutes if he ran out of hours. Nobody could get through to him that he was looking at a 100x more severe penalty if he was caught than he would be by running over on his own card and doing a printout.

Harry Monk:
I knew a bloke like this. Used to carry his partner’s digicard with him (she had a Class 1 licence) and he would use it to drive for less than 30 minutes if he ran out of hours. Nobody could get through to him that he was looking at a 100x more severe penalty if he was caught than he would be by running over on his own card and doing a printout.

That was the way on analogue. A piece of advice I received when starting out was that I shouldn’t try to be clever and wind it on 9 hours etc. Much better to simply run without a card in 'cos if you’re caught in the act then failure to keep records carried a much less severe penalty than fraud.

Nite Owl:
Lorry driver from Hull fell foul of tachograph time limits when checked at County Durham test station | The Northern Echo

Just look at some of the past ‘‘What will happen to me’’ questions in the past on here when a minor misdemeanour is done on their cards. :smiley:
Some are ■■■■ scared… and as you say… brainwashed. :unamused:
It just amuses me tbh. :laughing:

Along with the fine and costs he’s got 90 hours unpaid work, is this exempt from tacho rules or can he only do 8 hours every other Saturday? Will he have to do a manual entry? Just asking;-)

I remember when you forgot to take your tacho disc out, left it in the entire weekend, and when you took it out on monday - the middle fell out, as it had scoured right around!
Ended up looking like a 45 record made ready to go into a jukebox…

Those were the days!

Just be honest - how many times have politicians been screwed by the cover up rather than the crime itself?

Got stopped a while back, I knew I’d got a couple of minor infringements, one was about 5min over my drive time and the other was too many reductions in a week, told the DVSA “■■■■” who thanked me for my honesty, suggested I took a bit more care in planning my breaks & rest periods and let me on my way.

Had I tried to pull the wool, I’m sure he’d have thrown the book at me.

Winseer:
I remember when you forgot to take your tacho disc out, left it in the entire weekend, and when you took it out on monday - the middle fell out, as it had scoured right around!

Those were the days!

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
look familier■■? :smiley:

tang tacho.jpg

Tacho hours offence: misdemeanour fixed pen or court fine and pos visit to tc

Tach fraud: Felony go to court, get criminal record, loss of vocational licence, possible prison.

Most DVSA guys are not going to get funny if you go 5 mins over your hours once or twice.

dieseldog999:

Winseer:

Those were the days!

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
look familier■■? :smiley:

Didn’t know you only worked part time, DD :smiley: