Most expensive car - can't afford the petrol?

I can’t really complain about fuel prices., I pay $4.65 a gl, As of this moment, the USD is equal to .83 BPS
1 Gallon US = 3.8 Liters UK
So I pay $1.22 a ltr which is equivalent to 1.01 in the UK !!! Think I’''ll buy a Lambo :laughing:

UK fuel duty (Tax) is currently 52.95 pence per Liter for petrol and diesel.
In the US each State has a different Gas tax and Federal tax is 18.4 cents a gallon,(.045 P) per liter. Whereas again each State has their own Diesel Tax and the Federal Diesel Tax is 24.5 cents

It goes to show the more affluent a Country is the more you pay in Taxes to keep the high standards of living you are accustomed to…

Venezuela pays $0.08 a gallon of gas (petrol) !!! But then Venezuelans generally walk unless they are supper rich and then they ride a Raleigh !!!

Edit, Quote :- 1 dawdling at less than 56 because they can’t afford the petrol anymore? I’ve overtaken BMW’s, Volvo V90, Range Rover Velars etc.

Being sarcastic, yet honest, It could also be that those EXPENSIVE CAR DRIVERS are simply enjoying an economical drive and saving in order to buy a newer expensive vehicle in the future !! But more to the point is when you have your employer paying your fuel and other expenses, why should you worry, perhaps when it comes around to pay raise time, and your Boss say’s sorry I can’t afford a raise this year you cost me too much, you will slow down and save Diesel ETC creating more profit to be turned into pay raises !!

I ain’t been to a petrol station in two years, It ‘s freakin’ heaven. I don’t drive my BEV under the feet of lorries but I will ghost them at 56 mph, They can punch a hole through the air & I’ll follow them at a safe distant which takes my 3.8 miles/kWh to 4.8 miles/kWh Kerching! :smiley: I’ll take my 29p/kWh for leccy over the £1.90+/ltr any day o the week.
Take a look at this for most expensive car a 1970’s Ferrari 308 InfluEnzo against a BMW i3 using just ten quids worth of petrol against ten quids worth of leccy. That price of 59p/kWh on a public charger is doluble what I pay to charge at home, the mileage driven in the BMW i3 would have been double. The big oil robbers can shove their expensive dino juice where the sun doesn’t shine :grimacing: youtube.com/watch?v=yMxmHrKrbtg&t=459s

Sabretooth:
I can’t really complain about fuel prices., I pay $4.65 a gl, As of this moment, the USD is equal to .83 BPS
So I pay $1.22 a ltr which is equivalent to 1.01 in the UK !!! Think I’''ll buy a Lambo :laughing:

In the US each State has a different Gas tax and Federal tax is 18.4 cents a gallon,(.045 P) per liter. Whereas again each State has their own Diesel Tax and the Federal Diesel Tax is 24.5 cents

It goes to show the more affluent a Country is the more you pay in Taxes to keep the high standards of living you are accustomed to…

Venezuela pays $0.08 a gallon of gas (petrol) !!! But then Venezuelans generally walk unless they are supper rich and then they ride a Raleigh !!!

UK is fuel duty + carbon tax + 20% VAT on the total.Ironically Gibraltar is paying around £1.22 per litre.
As for the US more like they’ve lost the plot.It was a much more affluent country in 1960.
This is all about a deal which cuts and tations our living standards to sustain cheap labour sweatshop economies in East Asia.

Influenzo is the name given to the car by the owner…because it’s a dog.
Got a YouTube channel out of it,though. :wink:
It’s actually a 308gts.like magnum p.i. :smiley:

commonrail:
Influenzo is the name given to the car by the owner…because it’s a dog.
Got a YouTube channel out of it,though. :wink:
It’s actually a 308gts.like magnum p.i. :smiley:

LOL Yeah I copy & paste the car details & forgot about that, I’ve been subscribed to his channel for a while, He has some interesting cars.

> Carryfast:
> Early 60’s was less than 5/- a gallon even late 60’s was still less than 7/

And from another post;-
> Carryfast:
> As for me I’ll always remember leaving school in the Spring of 75

Google seems to be your best friend as in the late 60’s you would have been between 8/10yrs old if you managed to stay in school till you were 15

whisperingsmith:
> Carryfast:
> Early 60’s was less than 5/- a gallon even late 60’s was still less than 7/

And from another post;-
> Carryfast:
> As for me I’ll always remember leaving school in the Spring of 75

Google seems to be your best friend as in the late 60’s you would have been between 8/10yrs old if you managed to stay in school till you were 15

1968 I was 9 spending as much time with my Dad, while he was working on cars in the motor trade, as possible.
Because believe it or not even at that age I preferred learning about cars than the crap they tried to teach me at school.
Yes I use the new fangled Google thing often to confirm if my ageing memory has got it right or close enough.I do know without any need to consult google that petrol was cheap enough even in the 1980’s for the average worker to afford to run something decent with at least 6 cylinders and 2.5 to 4.2 litres sometimes even more, as an everyday motor, if they wanted to.I was one of them.

I always remember being out in my Dad’s red Ford Capri as a child, and passing a petrol station one day, as you do. “£1.65 a gallon? That’s ridiculous, we’ll carry on a bit,” he said. It’s a very clear memory, so the day the price hit £1.65 a litre I knew a milestone had passed. Now, of course…

Lucy:
I always remember being out in my Dad’s red Ford Capri as a child, and passing a petrol station one day, as you do. “£1.65 a gallon? That’s ridiculous, we’ll carry on a bit,” he said. It’s a very clear memory, so the day the price hit £1.65 a litre I knew a milestone had passed. Now, of course…

My Dad had a 79 Chevy he always filled it at the same place he did his lorry and got a receipt for diesel plus a bit of spending money ,I bet they don’t take cheques anymore :laughing:

> Carryfast:
> Because believe it or not even at that age I preferred learning about cars than the crap they tried to teach me at school

Do you ever regret not learning anything at school??
Just think if you had, you might have got a job driving Euro or even Middle East, instead of being the T****o driver that they put on warehouse duties whenever possible to avoid risking one of their trucks with him.

whisperingsmith:
> Carryfast:
> Because believe it or not even at that age I preferred learning about cars than the crap they tried to teach me at school

Just think if you had, you might have got a job driving Euro or even Middle East, instead of being the T****o driver that they put on warehouse duties whenever possible to avoid risking one of their trucks with him.

Obviously knew enough to have turned down a run to Baghdad in the mid 1980’s if the council had asked me to drive a gritter or a waste bulker there.

I remember at 16 years old filling my FS1E from reserve to full including two squirts of two stroke for.80 pence. No idea what it held btw.

I’m sure someone will google it :smiley:

> Carryfast:
> Obviously knew enough to have turned down a run to Baghdad in the mid 1980’s if the council had asked me to drive a gritter there.

You should have taken up their offer CF - you could have got yourself in the Guinness Book Of Records as the only man to drive a Gritter in Iraq :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Carryfast:

whisperingsmith:
> Carryfast:

Obviously knew enough to have turned down a run to Baghdad in the mid 1980’s if the council had asked me to drive a gritter or a waste bulker there.

Your village is calling.

Carryfast:

Sabretooth:

UK is fuel duty + carbon tax + 20% VAT on the total.Ironically Gibraltar is paying around £1.22 per litre.
As for the US more like they’ve lost the plot.It was a much more affluent country in 1960.
This is all about a deal which cuts and tations our living standards to sustain cheap labour sweatshop economies in East Asia.

I realize times have changed and the border is open, but 35 yrs ago Gib was 3 1/2 miles long x 1 1/2 miles wide, most of it under the rock through tunnels. The amount of road traffic was very low and therefore fuel consumption was low. I suspect nowadays most traffic fills up in
La Linia or Algeciras, and fuel consumption by the Gibo’s is still low in comparison hence low cost.

As to Fuel costs ? At the moment its all manufacture with the intent of making as much money as possible ! Under the guise of going Green and the Russia / Ukraine conflict supply and distribution has been purposely restricted. When Trump was President the US exported fuel and was energy self sufficient, when Biden took over he closed a pipe line and 7 refineries causing the need to import fuels. At the last G7 Biden and others constantly pushed going Green and incorporating an all electric system around the world. Nothing to do with fuel however there is now a glut of used and defunked Solar Cells and Batteries that can’t be re used or destroyed, Hence a new pollution / waste problem with the Green policies.
If they really want Green they should pass laws and enforce then making the Industry and polluters modify their emissions, They could freeze CO2 and bury it 500 ft down where it would melt and be soaked into the ground forever. Done right I should think "Global Warming would be reduced to ZERO within a Decade. After all they managed to rectify the Ozone problem by changing the law and enforcing it !!
Ok you can have the pulpit back.

Carryfast:
I do know without any need to consult google that petrol was cheap enough even in the 1980’s for the average worker to afford to run something decent with at least 6 cylinders and 2.5 to 4.2 litres sometimes even more, as an everyday motor, if they wanted to.I was one of them.

But if you did consult Google (other search engines are of course available) and sat down with your calculator for a moment (or maybe a few moments), you’d realise that back in the 80s your 10 year old Triumph 2500 PI (or indeed any other 10 year old 6-pot “decent” motors) would require the average manual worker to labour for about two hours to pay for 100 miles’ worth of petrol. Nowadays said average manual worker would also need to work for about 2 hours to pay for the diesel to do 100 miles in a 10 year old six-pot BMW, Jag, Audi etc on account of said motors easily doing 40+ mpg rather than the 22-25 mpg (or less) of the 70s rubbish that you were rattling around in 35+ years ago. If you look around the employee car park in any transport/logistics company premises, you’ll see a few such cars in evidence.

lancpudn:
I ain’t been to a petrol station in two years, It ‘s freakin’ heaven. I don’t drive my BEV under the feet of lorries but I will ghost them at 56 mph, They can punch a hole through the air & I’ll follow them at a safe distant which takes my 3.8 miles/kWh to 4.8 miles/kWh Kerching! :smiley: I’ll take my 29p/kWh for leccy over the £1.90+/ltr any day o the week.

You can also charge for free at many locations - something I’m struggling to understand but happy to benefit from.

ScaniaUltimate:

lancpudn:

You can also charge for free at many locations - something I’m struggling to understand but happy to benefit from.

That aint bad roughly half the cost of petrol

cooper1203:

ScaniaUltimate:

lancpudn:

Because the government hasn’t taxed it like petrol …yet.

cooper1203:

ScaniaUltimate:

lancpudn:

Is it!!?
If you turn it around and not tailgate trucks and drive at a reasonable car speed, do you even get 3.8 miles per kWh? Add in charging at a rapid charger for 59p and that’s equivalent to 50mpg at £1.70 a litre.