Most excellent news

i got pulled by customs on saturday morning.
we got chatting about how many immigrants they get nowadays.
he found 18 in one lorry that night, and his mate who is still traumatised found 58 dead in a fridge.

“traumatised”
what a [zb]ing ■■■■■■, i’d have started a conga. :laughing:

Yawn.

Bit harsh that, tone it down a bit.

Silver_Surfer:
Bit harsh that, tone it down a bit.

I think the hangover is particularly bad today. :laughing:

You did very well getting from an encounter Thursday night in Turin to chatting with customs on Saturday morning, you must have a really fast truck.

daleyboy:
You did very well getting from an encounter Thursday night in Turin to chatting with customs on Saturday morning, you must have a really fast truck.

It is quite simple. Limey Phil is Toby 123 and has just woken up, the 58 immigrants in the Dutch fridge happened over 10 years ago :confused:

he found 18 in one lorry that night, and his mate who is still traumatised found 58 dead in a fridge.

“traumatised”
what a [zb]ing ■■■■■■, i’d have started a conga

:unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

Harry Monk:
Yawn.

Very, very, YAAWWWNN :frowning: :confused:

no way yawn ,this is very exciting. i have been waiting all week for this latest instalment of the continental drivers life. roll on next weekend when we get the next story :unamused:

limeyphil:

“traumatised”
what a [zb]ing ■■■■■■, i’d have started a conga. :laughing:

You were chatting on Saturday morning and “he found 18 in one lorry that night”
How long were you chatting ffs ?

daleyboy:

Yes, no doubt he told the BAG where to get off somewhere on the way back too :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

having visions of a movie now,there was no stopping kris kristofferson in convoy either :sunglasses: limeyphil is the “rubber duck” :sunglasses:

All those years I did continental work and it never once occurred to me that you can wriggle out of any problem whatsoever simply by saying “I’m not paying, I’m English”. :wink:

jut to go slightly off topic
ukba dont check lorrys going out the country as a mate went to bulgaria he didnt have a passport so he jumped in the trailer got to france then jumped in the cab and every border he come to he just hid in the trailer again lol

chris_g:
ukba dont check lorrys going out the country…l

They do sometimes.

Coffeeholic:

chris_g:
ukba dont check lorrys going out the country…l

They do sometimes.

Who are “ukba” ? :confused:

united
kingdom
border
agency

chris_g:
united
kingdom
border
agency

Cheers for that.
Used to be plain ole HM Customs + Uk immigration didnt it ?
As for not getting checked leaving the country - used to get stopped regularly before boarding the shuttle, put in the X ray many a time even with an empty trailer .
Looking back, i suppose it looked iffy going out empty.

would these weekly updates not be better in the euro forum where all those boys on euro work could do with all this valuable info from our intrepid reporter ? there may be boys on there not aware of how to escape driving bans,paying/not paying fines,customs procedures etc and whatever next weeks pearls of wisdom may be.

glenman:
would these weekly updates not be better in the euro forum where all those boys on euro work could do with all this valuable info from our intrepid reporter ? there may be boys on there not aware of how to escape driving bans,paying/not paying fines,customs procedures etc and whatever next weeks pearls of wisdom may be.

Limeyphil’s posts should be stickies, I have never met a driver more skilled in dealing with the Authorities.