Morrocco

Paul:
Cheers guys, I am still waiting to hear if we have got the job or not. From what I have heard its tip in Gibralter then reload hanging garments back to UK but thats all I know.

Paul

Sounds like decent job,cant be many Brit firms doing it nowadays.

Meant to put reload from Morocco

Paul:
Spacemonkey… When did you work at Bergans ? Did you know a guy called Alan Dean that worked there, that would be mid 90’s ■■

I was there in 2000 to 2002, and sorry his name does not ring a bell tbh. What side did he work on?

Paul:
Cheers guys, I am still waiting to hear if we have got the job or not. From what I have heard its tip in Gibralter then reload hanging garments back to UK but thats all I know.

Paul

I know the most recent guys have been dropping and swapping in the port rather than loading in the country.

He worked on the European side mainly Rumo

Spacemonkeypg:
I did it as my first ever “European” job with Bergan Transport in Manchester running for Davies Turner.

A lot has changed since then and its very different. But in essence the suzzie line deparcle was normal anywhere betweeen Tangiers and Casablanca, Rabat being slightly better, Sale used to be a regular collection. You will, if your agent has any brains about them be guarded in the problem areas and will have security to ■■■■■■ you in and out of the industrial areas.

I have had them attempt to cut my lines, climb on the cab while exporting, throwing stones at the cab and running all over the catwalk while there - but all in all its not half as bad as people make it out to be. Most companies now only go as far as the port and if the venture further its not that much.

A lot of John Mann drivers mad the situation there worse for themselves trust me .

Why did The John Mann drivers make it worse?

Didn’t some of the John Mann drivers get in a spot of bother for marrying local women while being married in England as well, or something to that effect? I dont know if thats connected in the slightest but it seems that there were some rum antics going on down there!

fly sheet:

Spacemonkeypg:
I did it as my first ever “European” job with Bergan Transport in Manchester running for Davies Turner.

A lot has changed since then and its very different. But in essence the suzzie line deparcle was normal anywhere betweeen Tangiers and Casablanca, Rabat being slightly better, Sale used to be a regular collection. You will, if your agent has any brains about them be guarded in the problem areas and will have security to ■■■■■■ you in and out of the industrial areas.

I have had them attempt to cut my lines, climb on the cab while exporting, throwing stones at the cab and running all over the catwalk while there - but all in all its not half as bad as people make it out to be. Most companies now only go as far as the port and if the venture further its not that much.

A lot of John Mann drivers mad the situation there worse for themselves trust me .

Why did The John Mann drivers make it worse?

Various reasons really, they had a habit of getting rat arsed and shouting and screaming at every local possible in Tangiers while waiting for clearance. They would do the same down at the Seaman’s in Casablanca. They would also deliberately drive aggressive towards packs of the locals to “get through them” which would just insight them more really. There general behavior was worse, hence why they would be targeted by the locals more.

Don’t get me wrong it wasn’t all of them, some of them really where great guys and great drivers, but a lot of them made the situation over there. Also a good percentage of them where either alcoholics or so wasted on weed it was a wonder what decade you where in.

robinhood_1984:
Didn’t some of the John Mann drivers get in a spot of bother for marrying local women while being married in England as well, or something to that effect? I dont know if thats connected in the slightest but it seems that there were some rum antics going on down there!

Indeed, the funniest thing about that debacle was they had apartments over there too, so when Mann closed shop they where all well and truly screwed. They would have girlfriends and or indeed wives out there who they met in one of the frequented haunts like either the Seaman’s or the Marco and think that they met these fine specimen’s of female form. Only to realise that while the driver was away they where making hay with every other driver who had money too. In short they where ladies of the night frequenting the rich English driver bars. You would often get approached by these women.

I would say the majority of them where married back in the UK and had girlfriends in Morocco.

I can imagine the typecast Euro driver with cow hair fur cloggs a six feet long chain attached to a wallet with a months running money and the driver with a mullet hair do with jeans that he has cut off to make some trendy shorts and a chain smoker that snores all night in your cabin in the ferry.

toby1234abc:
I can imagine the typecast Euro driver with cow hair fur cloggs a six feet long chain attached to a wallet with a months running money and the driver with a mullet hair do with jeans that he has cut off to make some trendy shorts and a chain smoker that snores all night in your cabin in the ferry.

add tow and a half teeth and you get the idea

Just in Spain after returning from Morocco.
It wasnt as bad as people saying
Just gotta watch out for there driving and people walking in the road to cross the road a few parrps parrps they soon move and the money bit to is right as for the airlines and throwing stuff didn’t see any of that but there was two of us convoying, other driver I was with he does Morocco quite often and he said he never had a problem with the airlines or throwing stuff and he been on his own.

Just Enjoy the beautiful Moroccan women :wink:

I went to Tangiers for the day from Gibraltar and I was glad to get back into Spain.
Never saw so much poverty in my life,was walking through a market and a bloke tried his hardest to get me to buy some “morroccan black”,wouldn’t take no till I pushed him out of the way.
Then we waited in the international hotel which is above the Customs compound,Jesus Christ I saw for myself kids trying to break into cabs whilst the drivers where in them,never been so glad to get back on the ferry,had my parents with me too and they were gobsmacked with the place.

You can get some idea about Morocco if you read this.

What is a parrp parrp ?

I was with the race truckies doing the WTCC in Hungary at the begining of May. I swapped jobs for a couple of weeks to take a racing car down to the Hungaroring for the speed series race, also on that weekend was the WTCC and the Auto GP race. I will try and get a diary done as soon as I have transeferred pictures from my phone to PC.

Deeireland:
What is a parrp parrp ?

To suggest a double blast of air horns ■■

Simon:

Deeireland:
What is a parrp parrp ?

To suggest a double blast of air horns ■■

As Simon said :slight_smile:

CUSTOMS WILL BE CLEARED IN 2 DAYS AFTER 1 TOMMORROW THATS WHAT I GOT TOLD ,DID A LOT DOWN THERE FOR G E H BE CAREFULL DONT LEAVE YOUR TRACTOR OR TRAILER UNLOCKED DONT FUEL UP OVER THERE!!! DONT GO WALKABOUTS ON YER OWN !!! IF YOUR GOING CASSABLANCA/BEN MASSIK GET DOWN TO THE SEAMANS ON THE DOCKS FOR A BEER ,BUY 200 CIGGIES ON BOAT TO BRIBE PORT OFFICIALS OR YOU WILL NEVER MAKE THE IMPORT COMPOUND!!! WATCH THE KIDS THEIVING FROM YOU IF YOU WANT MONEY CHANGING ON DOCK ASK FOR RAMBO HES SOUND AND GIVE HIM THE ODD CHANGE WHEN HE COMES BACK WITH YOUR MONEY ,DO NOT GO DRINKING IN CASSABLANCA OTHER THAN ABOVE YOU WILL BE ROBBED!!! DONT STOP AT TRAFFIC LIGHTS !! ONCE YOU LEAVE THE FACTORY DO NOT STOP ANYWHERE APART FROM EXPORT ON THE DOCKS AND GET THE PORT POLICE TO CHECK YOUR TRAILER BEFORE YOU GET ON BOAT BACK TO SPAIN !!! BE WARNED!!!
GUD LUK BUDDY YOULL NEED IT!!!
DAZ
OH AND BE CAREFULL ON THE BIG HILL AT RABAT IT SLIPPY AS ■■■■ WHEN WET !!!

Paul:
May have the chance of doing Morocco on a regular basis.
Anyone on here ever done it ?
Usual questions, what route would you take ? Journey times? Pitfalls ? Time to clear customs ?

Cheers

Paul its Not G.E.H you would be working for?