Morrisons Wakefield

Wages,hours,job etc ta

I do a bit out of Stockton not Wakefield, but,…
Good wages.
Awful hours.
Good job.

Morrisons are without doubt the best outfit amongst the lot of em, and Ive been in them all except Sainsburys. The problem is the totally unsocial hours associated with shop work these days. If you can hack that youve got it made. Reasonable job security/wages/conditions ect.

You may need to join a gym or something because the most demanding thing you do is climb in the cab! :laughing:

Hi dozy, did some work as a subbie for them a few years ago, easiest job going, hardest thing is winding up the legs! Didn’t think they were recruiting at the moment. Good luck though.

Hi Dozy,
I looked into it at the Burton Latimer base about 4 years ago. Was told it was £24k basic but can clear £28 with overtime. Then did a days agency for em. Got the job, and one of their drivers made sure I knew where I was going. Found the place, backed onto the bay, then went into the canteen for a 30p cup of tea. Tipped, went back to Burton Latimer, dropped the trailer went home. I know they do double deliveries, so you may get 2 stores on one trailer. The wages may be more now though

Are they lookin for drivers in Wakefield??

I was recently paid off from Bellshill depot… easiest job I have ever had and will ever likely have! 3 shops a day max… 8-10 hours a day 3+ hours a day in the bunk while your being tipped at stores. (actually got boring at times) Very nice clean Volvo FMs, no expense spared on maintenance. Not rushed. Pay decent. Cant fault it whatsoever! But unfortunately a bunch of us were let go due to dowturn this year for them ecenomically

Bring back Safeway

PaulNowak:
Bring back Safeway

and kwiksave newport :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing:

Not worked for them but from what I’ve heard they are a good company to work for especially if you like reading as there is plenty of time to do that when you are parked on your backside waiting for them the store to offload you.

dozy:
Wages,hours,job etc ta

You’ve HAD ENOUGH at stobrats? :laughing: I bet you shan’t defend them anymore? Fancy demoralising THEIR drivers by paying AGENCY drivers more than you! :grimacing: :grimacing: good luck in your new job, YOU WILL NEVER LOOK BACK PAL :smiley:

Thanks for all replies

Fatboy slimslow:

dozy:
Wages,hours,job etc ta

You’ve HAD ENOUGH at stobrats? :laughing: I bet you shan’t defend them anymore? Fancy demoralising THEIR drivers by paying AGENCY drivers more than you! :grimacing: :grimacing: good luck in your new job, YOU WILL NEVER LOOK BACK PAL :smiley:

I think you’re a bit behind the times :wink: ,they’ve just informed the agency lads I know there only going to pay them a guaranteed 8 hrs per shift,not the 10 hrs per shift they were on :exclamation: ( too many 6/7 hr days on tesco shop deliveries) and they’re now being deducted 45 mins break per shift,not the 30 mins they were.( this may only apply to our depot.
I have a mate who works as a agency driver at another stobart depot,he’s guaranteed 45 hrs p.w ,tues -sat,£10 p.h ,but that £10 24/7, £10 on a Sunday ,£10 p.h on sat night,£10 ph 24/7. :wink:
Are they now better off than us,if they are it does beg the question why there trying to get on full time.
Like mate on agency said to me the other day,the agency gravy train is well and truly over,and with all these zb poles arriving it’s only going to get worse.
N.b not defending stobarts or there wages,but I know what my mates on agency get and I get and there’s nothing in it.
Anyway one day soon I can hopefully say,been there,done that,never again :wink: :laughing:

dozy:

Fatboy slimslow:

dozy:
Wages,hours,job etc ta

I think you’re a bit behind the times :wink: ,they’ve just informed the agency lads I know there only going to pay them a guaranteed 8 hrs per shift,not the 10 hrs per shift they were on :exclamation: ( too many 6/7 hr days on tesco shop deliveries) and they’re now being deducted 45 mins break per shift,not the 30 mins they were.( this may only apply to our depot.
I have a mate who works as a agency driver at another stobart depot,he’s guaranteed 45 hrs p.w ,tues -sat,£10 p.h ,but that £10 24/7, £10 on a Sunday ,£10 p.h on sat night,£10 ph 24/7. :wink:
Are they now better off than us,if they are it does beg the question why there trying to get on full time.
Like mate on agency said to me the other day,the agency gravy train is well and truly over,and with all these zb poles arriving it’s only going to get worse.
N.b not defending stobarts or there wages,but I know what my mates on agency get and I get and there’s nothing in it.
Anyway one day soon I can hopefully say,been there,done that,never again :wink: :laughing:

Cheers, I needed cheering up.

I did a shift for stobrats t’other week. I was paid very well for it. I am not going to put the details here but it was well over 1.5 x what you put for a week night shift!

Self employed agency is the way. I was ■■■■■■■ myself at the drivers working for £7.40 an hour or whatever it is now, gutted I didnt get the 50p fuel bonus though :frowning:

trubster:

dozy:

Fatboy slimslow:

dozy:
Wages,hours,job etc ta

Cheers, I needed cheering up.

I did a shift for stobrats t’other week. I was paid very well for it. I am not going to put the details here but it was well over 1.5 x what you put for a week night shift!

Self employed agency is the way. I was ■■■■■■■ myself at the drivers working for £7.40 an hour or whatever it is now, gutted I didnt get the 50p fuel bonus though :frowning:

Good luck to you then,but I’d rather listen to my mates who are on agency at our depot,or on mates who are on agency at other depots.
I see know reason for them to say they’ve had there guaranteed hours cut from 10 hrs to 8, 45 mins break taken off them not 30 mins and being paid £10 p.h 24/7 if it’s not true,there good mates,known them for years and they say it as it is,if they were on £25 p.h ,£375 per night,paid £250 bonuses for turning up to help like you :wink: :laughing: ,they would say ( but not in a boastfull fashion).
It maybe just our depot and the other one my mate works at who’ve cut the rates ,maybe at all the others the gravy train continues :exclamation: :exclamation: .
No offence to you meant,good luck to you,but known these lads for longer than I care to remember,good mates,so if they say a,b,c I’ll believe them.

Are Stobarts working out of Morrison’s Wakefield Now ■■

I’ve done some subbie work for Morrisons as well, did it it for about 2 years and it is without the doubt the easiest work you’ll ever do. You’re just a chauffer really, you don’t assist with the unload and like most big places they send you with a map. You’ll never bust your hours and they’ll never expect you to.
Because I worked as a subbie I was paid a flat rate per shift. Sometimes you’d be home in 9 hours or even 8. I’ve even sat there and done nothing but shunt a couple of trailers. The flip side though was the odd 11 hour shift reared it’s head which was working an hour for nothing.
Staff are helpful enough, transport office were a decebt bunch of blokes.

Do they still use sub contractors at Morrisons Wakefield

Is it actually a Morrisons site because I thought that the one at Bridgewater was DHL?

Wakefield is a Morrison site, transport is their own.

SHYTOT:
Do they still use sub contractors at Morrisons Wakefield

Think so, I see some of the old faces pulling their trailers.