Morrisons Sittingbourne

Does anyone know what Morrisons pay is like at their RDC at Sittingbourne and what the terms / bonuses are if any? They were advertising on their website for drivers. Cheers.

They showed me the door when I told them I was looking for £10ph plus…

Pay was around £9.61ph if I recall. Not very good for this part of the country, let alone for the supermarket kind of work that we all hate so much.

Winseer:
They showed me the door when I told them I was looking for £10ph plus…

Pay was around £9.61ph if I recall. Not very good for this part of the country, let alone for the supermarket kind of work that we all hate so much.

Basic pay is £10 ph on days!

I was talking to one of their drivers recently and he told me that in Burton Latimer the drivers earn a fair bit more than they do at Sittingbourne. Surprised me as I would have thought their rates would be standard throughout the company.

Judehamish:
I was talking to one of their drivers recently and he told me that in Burton Latimer the drivers earn a fair bit more than they do at Sittingbourne. Surprised me as I would have thought their rates would be standard throughout the company.

yes, but are we talking about more hours at a lower rate, more hours at the same rate, or less hours at a higher rate? - personally, i’m not betting on it being the latter somehow…

For those firms paying salaries - £28,000pa for a 55 hour week is not as well paid as £25,000pa for a 36 hour week. :wink: You know where you stand when everything is based around an “hourly rate” even if it IS salaried per se.

Sittingbourne also had a big choice of either 14:00 or 02:00 start times when I was there last year.

so, from I can can see Morrisons Sittingbourne pay less than Tesco does.
No wonder they advertise for class 1 driver all the time.
No two supermarket jobs are equal then

hkloss1:

In fairness Morrisons drivers don’t have to unload. Back on the shop bay, hand in your keys and put up your feet. Meanwhile Tesco drivers are lugging heavy cages with dodgy wheels up and down the trailer and off tail lifts etc.

rob22888:

hkloss1:

In fairness Morrisons drivers don’t have to unload. Back on the shop bay, hand in your keys and put up your feet. Meanwhile Tesco drivers are lugging heavy cages with dodgy wheels up and down the trailer and off tail lifts etc.

Lugging a few heavy cages helps me burn off all them £1.18 fry ups I end up eating in store canteens :laughing: :laughing: I’m now trying to wait in the cab instead of goin into the canteen while I’m waiting at stores :imp:

rob22888:

hkloss1:

No getting your head down in their day cabs and expected to backload the rubbish just the same though… :smiling_imp:
You’re also expected to know your way around the LBTS areas of London, because you’ll be sent in on a route that was legal during the daylight hours you arrived, but illegal by the time you get to leave. Not good.

Winseer:

rob22888:

hkloss1:

No getting your head down in their day cabs and expected to backload the rubbish just the same though… :smiling_imp:
You’re also expected to know your way around the LBTS areas of London, because you’ll be sent in on a route that was legal during the daylight hours you arrived, but illegal by the time you get to leave. Not good.

To be fair you do get route maps for both daytime and the LBTS Nighttime routes too if you ask. Probably the easiest and least stressful job I’ve ever done, but then I’m on nights so not too sure what the days can be like!

Winseer:

rob22888:

hkloss1:

I did some agency there. How hard is it to drive back with the rubbish on. You don’t touch it? The maps have the llcs routes on them so if you take one you’ll know the route.
I went for a full time job but the money was rubbish and the shifts were as well they’ve recently changed and are even worse.
I work with quite a few that have left there with no regrets.

I did a few weeks on the agency a couple of years ago , easiest job I’ve even done , would of applied for a full time job but the shift patterns were rubbish , they could change your start time with only minimal notice I was told so didn’t bother.

All in all if you like sitting around waiting, driving Volvos and crappy rotas , then give it a shot .

Wagman:
I did a few weeks on the agency a couple of years ago , easiest job I’ve even done , would of applied for a full time job but the shift patterns were rubbish , they could change your start time with only minimal notice I was told so didn’t bother.

All in all if you like sitting around waiting, driving Volvos and crappy rotas , then give it a shot .

Can’t say I have ever noticed a Volvo Morrison’s unit. Mostly DAF CF day cabs from what i’ve seen.

Of course, nothing wrong with a DAF CF if the moneys right!!

Wagman:

I don’t mind the rota, it works for me but everyone is different. You can near look at your rota and see what you will be doing for near enough the whole year. Never had my start times changed either.

The shifts are in two hour block start times, eg My start times range from 2200 until 0001. I guess it works out to be 12 different ones you could be on.

Very rarely will you ever have to help load salvage, only ever done of once myself. Loads of time to chill out, read or have a sleep whilst at store.

Oh, and the Volvos are all being replaced with DAF’s!