Morrisons RDC ? off M5 near bristol

Dose anyone know much about the massive Morrisons warehouse just off the M5 ? has anyone worked out of there ? how do you apply for work there ? whats the pay and conditions like ? dose it run on agency or direct employment to morrisons ?

Alot of the trucks I have seen coming out of there seem to be day cabs. I’m gessing this might mean theres no tramping ? I am asuming it is a R.D.C ? any feed back would be good. many thanks.

It is an RDC…Pop in and ask is your best bet. :wink:

Before taking the plunge for my class 1 I stacked shelves at a morrisons store in cornwall that was supplied by the depot in question (bridgewater) Not many positive comments from drivers to be honest.
No nights out but really bad hours apparently.
Pay isn’t great
Cab hopping with no inspections of units so there not kept in great shape
However, I think all us drivers have a good moan about life in general if we have one bad day, morrisons staff do get some great benefits with the company tho, great pension scheme, uniform, profit share and a good amount of holiday (store staff do anyway, cant see it been much different at depots)

sorry its not much more help

matt18244:
Before taking the plunge for my class 1 I stacked shelves at a morrisons store in cornwall that was supplied by the depot in question (bridgewater) Not many positive comments from drivers to be honest.

That’s a shock :unamused:

Pick up trailer, drive to shop, back on a bay and go sit in the canteen, drive back and drop trailer. Proper hard work.

Morrisons run day cabs and it is cab hopping. The one local to me use ADR network as agency, so have a look on their website. The RDC round here has apparently gone down hill in recent years but the money is roughly £27 - £29k i’m told.

rob22888:

matt18244:

That’s a shock :unamused:

Pick up trailer, drive to shop, back on a bay and go sit in the canteen, drive back and drop trailer. Proper hard work.

Drivers helped warehouse tip at the store I was at (Newquay)

and to be honest it was proper hard work eating the canteen food :wink:

Dose’t sound to bad so far, £ 27 k a year and fairly stright farward work too. think maybe some driver do moan abit to much some times.

I think that the site is run by DHL for Morrissons, stand to be corrected if that’s changed, so will be on DHL T & Cs not Morrissons.

rob22888:

That’s about the strength of it, easiest job I’ve ever had. I worked out of Wakefield for a subby. Cab hopping is always going to happen at any supermarket that isn’t away all week. If you want the same unit then you’re looking at the wrong job mate

bigvern1:
It is an RDC…Pop in and ask is your best bet. :wink:

Doubt they’ll let you through the gate.

If you don’t ask! :wink:

Pretty sure it is indeed run by DHL so not too sure how they operate, working direct for Morrisons is one of the easiest jobs in the world.

mick.mh2racing:

rob22888:

That’s about the strength of it, easiest job I’ve ever had. I worked out of Wakefield for a subby. Cab hopping is always going to happen at any supermarket that isn’t away all week. If you want the same unit then you’re looking at the wrong job mate

Not always.

Yes it is DHL. Don’t think you’ll get far calling in. It’s hard enough to get in trying to deliver.

silverman:
It’s hard enough to get in trying to deliver.

Yep agree there, good rule for Sunday’s though as they don’t open till 11.00 am so happy days for workers.