Morrisons Gadbrook

I am taking a load of boxed potatoes into gadbrook tomorrow. First time going their was wondering if someone could tell me what to expect when i get there.

It’s a very busy yard.

Keep your eyes peeled.

Don’t drive straight up to the gatehouse. There is a lorry park to the left, park there and walk over.

As eagerbeaver alluded to, the place is a total free for all with shunters flying everywhere and barking at anybody who slows them down.

At 08:30 each day the whole goods in staff go for break, leaving drivers on the bay waiting to tip, the truck park outside can get chaotic and full when drivers turn up far too early for their booking time, leaving others queuing on the road to get in.

I just delivered there tonight, 9pm and ive never seen it so quiet!! The parking area near security was completely empty! And when I got round to ambient had to wait 2 minutes and straight under canopy. Even getting paperwork back, which is notoriously slow there took 15 minutes! I was booked in for 10pm, was driving out at 10:15pm!

last time i was there it was busy as hell, turned up 15 mins before booking time and sat and waited the allotted 2 hours free waiting time before going and collecting the paperwork and taking the load back too wakefield, as cce wont pay waiting time my boss at the time wouldnt give them more than the 2 hours.

aaronwm:
I am taking a load of boxed potatoes into gadbrook tomorrow. First time going their was wondering if someone could tell me what to expect when i get there.

Inbred staff

I turned up at 08:10 this morning and left at 11:00 complete with the load I took there :frowning:
The load moved in transit with a couple of pallets of product hanging over the edge by 2”-3” so they rejected the lot.

peirre:
I turned up at 08:10 this morning and left at 11:00 complete with the load I took there :frowning:
The load moved in transit with a couple of pallets of product hanging over the edge by 2”-3” so they rejected the lot.

So actually nothing unsafe?

They can’t unload it but your fine to drive down the road with it.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

The product is stacked on chep pallets, with a plastic sheet between the product and pallet. If it’s not shrink wrapped all the way down including the pallet it doesn’t anchor it in place which is the fault of the packing plant, so any movement could encourage it to shift. Once the product is over the edge of the pallet they recon it’s unsafe to store in the racking. So the load fails, I take it back to the yard, then they flip it on a pallet inverter, re-shrink wrap it correctly. Then load it back on the truck and send it back the next day

Genuine unphotoshopped photo from Gadbrook…

Last time I was there many years ago I was asked to leave the canteen by security staff “saying nothing in here for you driver”.

Was in there about four weeks ago. 6 hours? 3 on ambient 3 on chilled. At least they were consistent.

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

peirre:

Was the load strapped?

eagerbeaver:
It’s a very busy yard.

Keep your eyes peeled.

Ha ha, i saw what you did there.