Moroccan class 1 licence

A friend of mine has been living out in morocco for 5 years in his time there he managed to obtain a class 1 licence ie c + e. My question is would he be able to work with said licence in the uk on a full time basis or would he have to his test again. I am informed that he does a lot of work transporting loads from morocco to spain france and holland. he has worked for breda and hispa maroc.

please advise as he is thinking of returning home to the uk.

He will need to go down the full route just as a new driver would. Medical, theory, Cat C, Cat C+E. DVLA

Thankyou for the info coofeeholic much appreciated. But i have one more tricky question.

He is a owner driver out there with all relevant documents ie operators licence etc and i believe he trying to get contract with a firm transporting from morocco to uk.

If he does achieve this would i be right in saying that he can drive in the uk as long as he doesn’t stay for more than 12 months at a time.

He is doing well out in morocco i think he is just little home sick and requires some pg tips as opposed to mint tea. Therefore i wouldn’t him to sell up there and come over here to start from scratch.

Thanks again mate much appreciated.

He will be able to drive Morocco to UK and drive a vehicle in the UK that he has driven into the country, he can make this sort of journey indefinitely - there is no 12 month limit on this. Anything other than that he will need to take the tests to get a UK licence.

So he can tip in the uk, wait for as long as it takes to pick up a return load to morocco spain etc in theory. With no problems what so ever■■?

Thanks once again coffeeholic

one more would he also be able to tip in uk pick up another load in the uk and tip again in the uk■■?