Morgex Aosta mid 90s

youtube.com/watch?v=yaliLr0Ft6s

Am i right in saying that the traffic coming up to the lights,then turning left,would be heading up towards the Blanc ?
Did that route many times years ago but the ole memory isnt what it used to be :neutral_face:

You would be right there Suedehead! That’s where the Autostrada finished at that time before the last of the tunnels were finished linking the Blanc tunnel direct to the Autostrada!
I must admit though to being a Frejus man myself!!! (Well McKellar insisted)

jacko22:
You would be right there Suedehead! That’s where the Autostrada finished at that time before the last of the tunnels were finished linking the Blanc tunnel direct to the Autostrada!

First firm i was on for doing regular Itie supplied running money and after a few currency adjustments,i always seemed to be a few Lira up on the deal. :stuck_out_tongue:
Went on for another co that ran on cards and had to bump the peage more often than not :neutral_face:
Sorry for going off on a tangent but was/is there much price difference between the Blanc/Frejus ?

Suedehead:

jacko22:

First firm i was on for doing regular Itie supplied running money and after a few currency adjustments,i always seemed to be a few Lira up on the deal. :stuck_out_tongue:
Went on for another co that ran on cards and had to bump the peage more often than not :neutral_face:
Sorry for going off on a tangent but was/is there much price difference between the Blanc/Frejus ?

Simple reason for us we got less “John Bulls” going the Frejus & easier to get hazadous through in them days & prob just habit that everyone went that way! Even if we loaded say in como we would always go frejus! McKellar did hold one blanc card which the drawbar swapbody lads used for the Zust ambrossetti milan job

That brings back some memories, I wouldn’t like to think how many time I went round there. Loads of Murrfitts getting about. Spot the Brits in there 6 axle outfits. That must have only been a few months before they opened the next bit of the Autostrada, it looks like it’s just about done.
There’s a couple of Scottish trucks near the end, Wisharts and a blue Daf I bet they were back to their depot about the same time as the English lads.

Jeff…

Wonder what the crack is with that Knights of old with the bent headboard and no curtains ?.

The fella who put that video on utube has put loads on from years past,i bet a few blokes on here could spot themselves :laughing:

Wing and a prayer:
Wonder what the crack is with that Knights of old with the bent headboard and no curtains ?.

Hes going to have a long week with people pointing and laughing ,doing the walk of shame :blush: :blush:

Blimey, blast from the past :slight_smile:
Started doing my first Italy and Spain trips in 94/95, used to like going the old way :slight_smile:

Suedehead:

Last time I checked they were within a few euros of each other if not same price. Not worth going through one to save anything anyway.

The ones coming straight towards him were coming from the Autostrada, and the guys coming straight through the lights were coming from the Auto port and the supermarket. I used to like going the old way down through the town, then right at the lights and left along the front of the Super markets, wind down past St Peters church, if I remember right it was about another 5 or 6 k’s to the AutoStrada which started close to Castle ■■■■■…

Seth how do you find the other videos??

This thread would do well on the Old timers section

Jeff…

Here you go :smiley: Bit mixed up. A great one On the Brenner about halfway down page 1.

youtube.com/results?search_ … +caccavale