More WTD stuff. And this one is USEFUL

A big thankyou to Hitch, who cajoled his brother Rob, to write a little (sic) C++ program that will enable you to keep a record of your Working Hours over any seventeen week period.

The prog has been passing forwards and backwards for some weeks, a few initial gremlins, hence a lot of time put in by Rob - not to mention, of course, the TruckNetUK advert. :laughing: Every Little Helps.

The file DOWNLOAD HERE is a self-extracting .zip file which will place a shortcut on your desktop.

Just download the file to a location, probably in your Program Files, and then click on it. Afterwards, go to your Desktop and you will see a new Icon.

Whilst it does not have a Print facility, and records are required to be kept for twelve months, there are ways of recording the data.

1. Rename the file before clearing the data. E.g. Spring 2005.
  2. Copy and paste the data content to a text program and name accordingly.
  3. Hit Print Screen and then paste into Word and crop the image.

Have a try and see what you think.

Normal Disclaimer. Whilst every effort has been made to establish the safety of this download, TruckNetUK cannot be held responsible for any errors or unforseen consequences that may result from the usage of this program.

Very impressive. Thank you!!

I’m both glad and sad about this program:

Glad because it will make ‘work’ easier and saves me from doing the hard work.:laughing:

Sad (sort of) because I have been working on making a spreadsheet for the last couple of months, that would do the same thing on a 17 week rolling period. Now i’ve got this excellent little program i’ve lost interest in my own I was trying to make! :cry:

Well done Rob; C++ is just way above me!?! :confused:

marcustandy:
Sad (sort of) because I have been working on making a spreadsheet for the last couple of months,

So have I, with embedded VB code that can select either 17 week or 26 week format, and can be used by a small employer to record a number of employees.

Watch this space.

krankee,

I have been experimenting with this little program and have set it up so that more than one persons details can be monitored.

I won’t be upsetting Rob or Hitch by doing this, will I?? :blush: :open_mouth: :question:

It’s not as if my employer is getting commercial gain from this; they’d expect me to do the ‘working out’ one way or the other (probably manualy), i’m just making my own day easier.

I can’t see anyone being upset about ‘alternative’ systems.

I’m working on a speadsheet download that will allow for 5 employees, but is obviously expandable.

PM me your email addy and we’ll compare ideas, and you can do some Beta testing for me.