More than one agency

If you are using more than one agency, how do work put how much tax and NI you shold be stopped? Or how do they work it out?
I can understand how it would work through NOVA or similar. But otherwise wouldn’t you get stopped emergency tax and have to claim it back later?

I live in the hope that they work it out correctly, otherwise I am sure the revenue will get in touch (95% of my work is for one agency anyway) - hopefully by then I will have a real job !!!

G

Yep one agency u get normally tax and NI reliefs…the second…u don’t get the reliefs…just pay the straight 22% and whatever NI is…but like u said…at the end of the year…u can claim it back…by sending your P60 forms to the tax man…just think of the extra money as putting it in the bank…its a savings u can’t touch…but it’s yours and u’ll get it back…so no worrys…

Use your normal tax code for one agency (the one you do the most work for), and ask all the other agencies to use tax code “BR”. This means that you get charged basic rate tax for all your earnings, with no allowance. As long as you don’t go into the higher rate tax band (which starts at about £36k for someone with a standard single person’s allowance), you should be paying the right amount of tax.

At the end of the year, you’ll have to do a tax return, and they’ll make sure that you’ve paid the right amount over the year, and make any adjustments necessary (HMR&C [zb]-ups notwithstanding).

I’ve never heard of ‘more than one’ are they new? :laughing: