More road in the Bin!

See there digging up another long stretch of the newly opened bit of the a1 from a63 down to the original a1. :open_mouth: :open_mouth: And they have got the bit down at wetherby running on restricted lanes AGAIN. :smiling_imp:

They might have done it quick but its no good if it aint right :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

I don’t get up that way too often but it is a bit bumpy in places.

Worst one has got to be the stretch of M60 from the M62 down the east side of Manchester - it’s like a roller coaster. It’s only been up a few years. :unamused:

I wonder how long it will be before they do something with the M62 from the M6 to the M60 - that’s like a roller coaster with all the humps in it as well :unamused: .

Well ive been working on the new A5 part being built at the A38 island going through hints into tamworth this week, and in my opinion what a mess.
I couldnt resist when none of the gaffers were around and nothing was around me, to be the first lorry to do 56 on it ( I felt quite famous ).
Now bear in mind this road also hasnt opened yet, it was like driving on a plate of jelly, and will no doubt be in need of repair very shortly.
I was also working on the muckshifting when the M6 toll was being built and were still working on there up until a couple of monhs ago, doing various different repair jobs. Why dont these companys seem capable of getting it right first time and the money that gets wasted on these big jobs is astronomical, not that im complaining though as it keeps me in a job :smiley:

How long has the underpass been open at the M4/A34 junction■■? There is a sign up saying ‘important repairs to the bridge’ lasting from July 2005 to July 2006!!!

TheBear:
How long has the underpass been open at the M4/A34 junction■■? There is a sign up saying ‘important repairs to the bridge’ lasting from July 2005 to July 2006!!!

:open_mouth: No way.

Only been open about 6 months I think, maybe a bit more.

Some bits of motorway seem to be under constant repair.

The M62 between M6 & M60, under goes regular patching, I’ve heard two reasons for this. 1) The road sinks because of the underlying peat 2) The road sinks due to old coal mine workings, I think the second is more likely as the paralell A580(east lancs) has similar problems.

Some motorways are falling to bits eg M74 near Lesmahagow. The’ve been patching little bits of the concrete surface with tarmac for about three years now :exclamation:

Some motorways seem to have lumps and bumps in them so you know where you are on night trunks, theres two nice bumps southbound on the M6 next to Jcn 33a in both lane 1 & 2, they let me know I’m only 45 minutes from the depot. They also surprise caravan owners who don’t know about them.

Work Shy:
Some motorways seem to have lumps and bumps in them so you know where you are on night trunks…

The worst one of all has got to be on the M6 going South, in lane 1 about 400 yards before the toll road splits off. Every time I go over it, it’s such a bump that the cruise control turns itself off.

The road network in the uk is crumbling apart, it amazes me that the companies get paid for building and repairing roads, then dig them up within weeks.

Maybe there are a few buff envelopes being passed between council treasurers and road building firms.

Im still impressed with the road building skiills of the French, they can make roads last, and make them smooth.

Although this may change soon as I saw some Paddy black hand gang with an old D series Ford and some dags last week :open_mouth:

Try driving in Eire and you’ll never complain of UK’s roads again, they are extremely bumpy and patched all over the place. But to give them their due they do seem to be starting to improve things a bit by resurfacing quite long stretches of road instead of piecemeal patching.

Although this may change soon as I saw some Paddy black hand gang with an old D series Ford and some dags last week

Ah.That’ll be the lads that I asked to tarmac my drive.

I wondered where they’d got to.

Ken.