More proof satnav is crap

Tuesday evening I called into the workshop in Albany because my A/C pooped the bed, they tested it and it showed no leaks although the mecjanic discovered a very tiny one which is why it took 3 months to run out again, he ordered a new line and re-charged it.
As I was waiting my phone rings and it’s a guy from another terminal who seems to constanly ask me for directions whenever he is north of NYC, nice enough bloke but can be a pain in the buttocks when he asks 4 different days for the same place because he has forgot how he went the last time I told him…
“Hey Pat, I’m at Vermont cider company, I got here ok but how do I get back to Yonkers from here ?”
“I have no idea where Vermont cider company is” I reply.
“It’s in Middlebury” he say’s.
“In that case the company would be called Green mountain beverage I think”
“Yeah thats the one” (so why didn’t he say so).
“Head south on route 30, then west on US4”
“My satnav is telling me different, it say’s route 17 to 22A south them US4”
“If you have a f*****g satnav why did you call me ?”
“Well you being from round here I figured you would know better”
“Your sat nav is useless, throw the thing away, whats the point in buying something like that it you don’t believe what it tells you” … I then hung up.
Another good reason not to buy a useless item LOL

Satnav is only as good as the person, or American using it. Enough said.

must admit no major dramas with my one

I had a tom tom car ones and had no problems. Although i only used it to guide my on tge last couple of miles.

kr79:
I had a tom tom car ones and had no problems. Although i only used it to guide my on tge last couple of miles.

Thats because you drive a tonka truck now mate lol

I use a Garmin that I’ve had since 2008. It’s a car GPS unit that I downloaded north America maps onto an SD card. It has got me all over north America no probs, although using an atlas, my eyes and a fair amount of common sense helps!!

Chunk, you only need a map of Freightliner dealers :astonished:

newmercman:

He is compiling one week by week :laughing:

Just tried for directions from Milton Keynes to Yonkers on my Iphone/Google Maps, & it says ‘No route Found’-- :confused:

Bloody useless technology, it’s going in the bin. :unamused:

taffytrucker:

kr79:

Thats because you drive a tonka truck now mate lol

Good old a-z in london town mate.

newmercman:

That should come as standard equipment with them.

kr79:

newmercman:

That should come as standard equipment with them.

You got one of those maps Kev

Its burned in to my brain.