More 'pro drivers'

I know I keep banging on about ■■■■ poor drivers today :blush: but Jeez, I seem to be getting more and more ammunition every week.
Last week a guy overtook me in a Royal Mail artic as his trailer got alongside me there was a hell of a lot of banging, I was thinking maybe slack wheelnuts.
I flashed him in (incidentally he ignored me :unamused: ) and as he lost momentum up a hill I pulled out. I flashed continuously alongside him, he never looked once in his mirror, I got alongside his cab and blasted the horns, …still eyes front never even seen me I reckon, and he pulled off at the next sliproad…totally oblivious I reckon he should put a defect in ‘Mirrors not working’ :unamused:

And today parked up on services next to a Sainsbury motor, just happened to look at his trailer wheel, …again slack nuts, elongated holes (btw a coincidence …I don’t go around staring at drivers nuts…oooer Mrs etc etc :smiley: ) Anyway I knocked on his door and told him, he was sat in his cab with his hi viz on so obviously agency :unamused: :laughing: ( yeh I know, but I can’t resist :smiley: ) he gets out, has a look, says ’ Ok cheers mate’ and gets back in his cab.

10 mins later he DRIVES OFF! :open_mouth::laughing:
Wot complete ■■■■ heads the pair of them :unamused: and so much for us all being Professionals post dcpc eh?

unless he had his agencies name on his hi vis you probably would not be able to tell if he was agency or company employed,but agency or company he obviously did not do his checks in the morning and had the wheel come off we hgv drivers know what kind of damage a wheel could cause

Unfortunately that seems to be the way of the modern breed of …whoops, I nearly put driver…so called drivers.

It’s not just the licence holders, in a growing number of these companies no one from the top down gives a toss any more, if you appreciate the good job and do your best, worse still take a pride in your vehicle’s condition and appearance, at best you get the ■■■■ taken out of you.

Too many people behind the wheel now arn’t doing it because they want to, it’s something they cottoned onto as easy money, they have not the slightest interest in doing their job well, as for taking a pride in their work ask them, i guarantee the question won’t compute.

All the RM drivers I see have head phone in/on :open_mouth:
I think that maybe the reason :laughing:
I did hear a lot of clattering in one wagon I was alongside (cant remember the company) but I concluded it was the unsecured pallet truck bashing hell out of the side …oh well :wink:

robroy:
I know I keep banging on about ■■■■ poor drivers today :blush: but Jeez, I seem to be getting more and more ammunition every week.
Last week a guy overtook me in a Royal Mail artic as his trailer got alongside me there was a hell of a lot of banging, I was thinking maybe slack wheelnuts.
I flashed him in (incidentally he ignored me :unamused: ) and as he lost momentum up a hill I pulled out. I flashed continuously alongside him, he never looked once in his mirror, I got alongside his cab and blasted the horns, …still eyes front never even seen me I reckon, and he pulled off at the next sliproad…totally oblivious I reckon he should put a defect in ‘Mirrors not working’ :unamused:

And today parked up on services next to a Sainsbury motor, just happened to look at his trailer wheel, …again slack nuts, elongated holes (btw a coincidence …I don’t go around staring at drivers nuts…oooer Mrs etc etc :smiley: ) Anyway I knocked on his door and told him, he was sat in his cab with his hi viz on so obviously agency :unamused: :laughing: ( yeh I know, but I can’t resist :smiley: ) he gets out, has a look, says ’ Ok cheers mate’ and gets back in his cab.

Wot complete [zb] heads the pair of them :unamused: and so much for us all being Professionals post dcpc eh?

Re the Royal Mail /Parcelforce/(cant remember the other name they were known as)driver.
Perhaps he thought it was an attempted hijack :bulb: . . not stopping for anyone :bulb:
For what its worth ,most of thier drivers ,drive like ■■■■■ imo.

Suedehead:

robroy:

Wot complete [zb] heads the pair of them :unamused: and so much for us all being Professionals post dcpc eh?

Re the Royal Mail /Parcelforce/(cant remember the other name they were known as)driver.
Perhaps he thought it was an attempted hijack :bulb: . . not stopping for anyone :bulb:
For what its worth ,most of thier drivers ,drive like [zb] imo.

Attempted hi jack? I can’t see how that.( or having an earpice in) stops a driver checking his mirrors, I was always taught to check them constantly and I still do.

To the guy on about him being agency, I wasn’t being entirely serious you know mate :neutral_face:

Look at anyone crossing the road with earphones on, unless they are Stevie Wonder their head doesn’t move, bad example I know but… :laughing: :laughing:
My point is,they seem oblivious/transfixed to just the minimal of senses :wink:

How many drivers have access to a torque wrench? I like to check my nuts a lot. I check the wheel nuts every couple of weeks.

I had a puncture last week and while the fitter was doing the tyre I used his torque wrench and checked all round the wagon and trailer. He told me that since he started doing tyres I’m the only driver he had seen doing this.

Ideally checking wheel nuts is a 2 man job. Makes it quicker and easier.

I must have an OCD about wheel nuts then. Every time I stop I have a look at them. That tell tale streak of rust is a early indication of a loosening nut, keeping clean wheels even when you are off and on building sites all day helps spot things like that.
not always practical I know, but thats just me !

Juddian:
Too many people behind the wheel now arn’t doing it because they want to, it’s something they cottoned onto as easy money, they have not the slightest interest in doing their job well, as for taking a pride in their work ask them, i guarantee the question won’t compute.

Nail, head, hit.