More owner driver questions

Have been thinking this over for a couple of years, and have done lots of research, but I can’t ever seen to find an “operating centre” that isn’t some vast yard and hugely expensive. All I need is a scrap of land with enough space for a unit and a couple of trailers.

Any ideas where to look? Is there any problem with just renting a corner of a farm yard somewhere? Or does TC require A"normal" address.

Nothing wrong with a ‘scrap of land’ but have a word with other local haulage companies as very often they’ll rent some space, that’s what I do.

It is best to apply for the O licence, in my case , my truck Operating center was a farm barn, nobody came around to check the address , as when you submit the application, you place an advert in the local papers to warn locals of a future O center, objectors must have valid reasons to stop your O licence premises if it causes a nuisance for noise and other planning issues.
Only certain people can object, they must be in authority.
You then tell DVSA who will service and maintain your equipment, the garage chosen , must have an inspection pit, depending on the average mileage, they calculate the service intervals and inspection times.
They like vehicles off the road, so any bit of land will suffice.They would Google map your intended premises.

Cheers, to be honest I had an idea that this wasn’t allowed. But if other people are doing it I must be wrong!