MORE OLD SELBY HAULIERS(CAMPEYS)behalf D.Martindale

You got too many image tags in the url.

Great pictures Dave, a photo request of mine answered at last. :stuck_out_tongue:

From July 2008

Wheel Nut:
Someone must have some pictures of Campey of Selby. He lived and breathed Foden :slight_smile:

Brings back memories of Campeys but some of these trucks are quite modern to the ones when I was there mid 60s to early 70s/Albions/Leylands/Seddons/Bedfords/Mickey Mouse Fodens and an old Maudsley shunter at the warehouse.

What was the name of the company that were based at Ricall not far from Selby ? They ran green coloured motors if i remember !!

DUFFMAN:
What was the name of the company that were based at Ricall not far from Selby ? They ran green coloured motors if i remember !!

Was that Leapers?

Wheel Nut:

DUFFMAN:

Was that Leapers?

leapers were red, there was a firm i think they were called hepworth & moorehouse that had some green dafs based in leapers yard they did the work for hazlewoods pickles, it would of been in the eighties i think

artic monkey:

Wheel Nut:

DUFFMAN:

Was that Leapers?

leapers were red, there was a firm i think they were called hepworth & moorehouse that had some green dafs based in leapers yard they did the work for hazlewoods pickles, it would of been in the eighties i think

Leapers yes thats the firm i remember them running volvos ,are they still in business ?

DUFFMAN:

artic monkey:

Wheel Nut:

DUFFMAN:

Was that Leapers?

Leapers yes thats the firm i remember them running volvos ,are they still in business ?

they still have the warehouses in riccall but i think they have got rid of there last volvo, ive seen it running round with another name on it pulling a tipper

There was one more at Riccall for a short time called Frank Coverdale he used to run produce to the markets with a TK Bedford.

yorkyjoy:
There was one more at Riccall for a short time called Frank Coverdale he used to run produce to the markets with a TK Bedford.

I Google mapped Riccall and it looks like Leapers old yard may be houses now. Was there also a waste paper depot or something in Riccall I seem to remember taking Kraft paper in there. I know there was Rostroms in Selby and I worked for a bloke running into Lin-Pac at Rawcliffe Bridge collecting cardboard from shops and factories.

Yorky Joy, who sprayed the F88 for you, was he local?

Hi wheel Nut/ Every job on the F88 was done by Mike with a little help when two hands were needed,he has no qualifications for any of the trades needed and has had to learn every thing as he went along,so the answer to your question is he painted it by him self.

Another company i used to go to in Selby in the 80,s and 90,s was called Sturge Chemicals,did they ever have their own fleet or was it subbed out ?

Another Selby haulier was Sonny Blacker do not know when this was taken but looks like the early 50’s.

Paul Campey still has a couple of those old motors at home and one of Robsons of Carlisle (his grandad) which he has done up. Can get pics if anyone interested.

Nessa:
Can get pics if anyone interested.

I might have a look :laughing:

This old ERF belonged to Grenville Simpson (Scrap man) from Thorpe Selby

One of Squire W Swifts Fords

One of Swifts lowloaders takeing a machine out to a job.