More news !!!

Now anyone who was folllowing the Mercedes problems thread might be amused at this…
We have a night shunter, all he does is take complete units and trailers(generally) and drop off the box in the dock and pick your box up for the next days delivery. He’s worked for the comapny a lot longer than me :smiley: And he very experienced !! However, the other night he had a Merc that wouldn’t go into gear, no matter what he tried it wouldn;t go. There was several lads who passed throught the yard and they all had a look. No one could fathom it, this truck would just not go into gear. Merecedes truck call out soon figured out the problem for him though! And it was an easy solution…press the clutch pedal down !!! He’d been trying to put a manual in gear like an auto :smiley:
I like experienced drivers like this, they make mediocre drivers like me look good !!!
Also my drivers electric window is going to go any time soon, press/click it goes up a millimetre, press/click another millimetre, and so on. Couldn’t go in the summer could it, i just know its going to go when i do a night out to Inverness in December !!! Keep you posted.
Now i’m no old fuddy duddy and i know all the modern terminology…‘touching base’ is one i like, and i’d like to touch base with you guys…

Thats H&G Recruitment and they need drivers for Tescos at Middlewich, i also got a letter saying they need drivers for Lancashire/Cheshire and Manchester, so if you need some work give them a go!! I have worked for them before and they are fine if they have work they’ll tell you and give you it!! I’m on no commision , although if you quote “hi Maz, Mick the scouser who let you down badly said to give you a ring” i will get £1 for every driver taken on, and seeing as all my kids are over 18 the money would come in handy :smiley:

Contact them on the number in the picture :smiley: or 0161 624 6054 quoting ‘Mick is a ■■■■■■’… or maybe quote nothing and just ask for a job!!!

Try some wd40 on your widow regulator and in the side channels.

What’s that “guys, Touching base” thing. Who is it “Cliff Richard”. :laughing:
I think i might ring him and warn him what will happen if he trys any of that base touching malarky with me.

You are genuinely funny mike-c.

A mate of mine picked up a german car ( brand new) delivered to his house.

After several attempts to start it and having read the manual still no joy.

Having tried everything he called the hot line, and after 20 minutes talk through he managed to start it. The German car in question has a badge beginning with M.

I had the misfortune of trying to start a Renault, when I asked for the keys they gave me a credit card "Whats that "I asked. Reply “That’s the key”. Opening the bonnet was impossible.

Why have car manufacturers made starting cars so hard.

No :bulb: the simple turn of a key seems to have gone and confusion has taken over.

The M car went back promto.

Forget cars and touching up bases for a minute. Do I take it that this is the same Tesco’s that insist on using ‘drive’ as a term of indearment? If they are, and you think this acceptable, experienced or not just keep scraping your knuckles towards the north west cave system.