More M5 misery planned

Evening lads and lasses.
As the M6 is a pita to get through J11 to J6 anytime in rush hour the jolly idiots have decided to repair the M5 between J1 and J2 starting April lasting …18 months.
Was on the news they thought of making it narrow lanes but said closing the motorway between junctions was a “Better Option” sorry but how is closing it completely 1 side at a time for 18months better?.

Yes I know stuffs got to be done but start it while the crap at J7 is still ongoing is just stupid.

expressandstar.com/news/tran … g-viaduct/

The construction firms should be fined vor taking too long to do the job.
18 months is pathetic, the Japanese took two weeks to build a new motorway after thir eathquake .
I never see anyone working here, if you do, its six men, one brushing up the dirt, five watching .
Clean Ppe, no evidence of working.
Or a digger moves a tiny pile of scalpings two feet away.
The Government pay millions for this.

toby1234abc:
The taxpayers pay millions for this.

FTFY :wink:

I’m on and off M5 J1 every day pretty much without fail!

So it will be M5 J2, M6 J7 or M6 J9 for me - what a choice!

My days have just got considerably longer… :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

andy288*:

more bucks in yer back pocket matey :laughing:

andy288*:

Same here works in willenhall and bilston,18 months for 3km of work? Bunch of mongs

No chance of them finishing any of the other jobs they’re doing beforehand then, motorways are a joke in this country.

Daytrunker:
idiots have decided to repair the M5 between J1 and J2 starting April lasting /

What needs repairing tho? sure it’s a little bumpy but nothing worst then some country roads I use

The construction companies doing this, are in the pockets of the government. That’s why they get away with it. 30 miles of road works, with only sporadic work being done. One worker to do the work. One supervisor to watch him. One banks man to stop anybody going near them…

The hardest workers in the road works are those f’ng signs telling us that “my mum works here”…
Well, tell her to get a ■■■■■■■■ move on…

In Europe you have the choice to pay to use a motorway or not.
Free national roads, good luck with that in the summer tourist season.
Every camper van, wobbly box and his dog on frree roads .
The French motorway road surface is so smooth and quiet, it feels like floating om air, reducing fatigue .
The M25 from Cobham to Leatherhead clockwise, the surface is big square concrete slabs, banging noise .
M32 finished the work or not, it looks like it, but why the cones and narrow lanes ?

expressandstar.com/news/tran … 18-months/

From last nights paper, 30 mph limit and one side at a time.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

It’s probably a better idea. Look how many serious crashes there are currently when it’s put down to 50mph and narrow lanes. The problem with the narrow lanes is that there is no room for error and because people are driving so close to each other there is no reaction time either. At least putting it at 30 will mean the crashes should be less serious and the slow speed may even keep the traffic flowing better!

Good little number, turn up sit in you’re van all night on Facebook, its the British way toss the job off and do the bare minimum.

The amount of people employed and the amount of work they actually do is laughable, the finest example in living memory has to be the A403 through Avonmouth
£13 million and 10 months to do 8 miles of A road and the end result is a disgrace.

Also has anyone noticed the difference in the quality of roads in Wales as opposed to England.